That's it...I'm out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchurchill27

Reaction score
So after waiting for almost 6 months and dealing with absolutely zero communication and constant phantom timeline shifts, I've had enough!

I've owned 7 Ford trucks/SUVs and always felt a bit like a fan boy, however, this experience is just totally unexceptable. I can continue to make excuses like COVID delays, global chip shortages, and the scale/scope of Ford's distribution model. However, the reality is, I put down a deposit in June and committed to paying $80k+ for a truck that Ford can't/won't deliver.

I've been as patient as I can be, but the hard reality is, I don't want to take delivery of a truck that is a model year old the day I drive it off the lot. I don't want to deal with a company that CHOOSES to keep it's customers in the dark on order status and impact of production delays. I also have serious concerns for a company that continues to embrace an outdated dealer centric order/distribution model that fails to do what it was designed to do, protect and put the customer first! Crazy ADMs, orders with no allocation, canceled orders with no explanation, and yet Ford refuses to take accountability or hold their dealers accountable.

I'm canceling my order and purchasing a Tesla, who at least seems to have figured out how to meet customer demand, continue driving innovation, and disrupt the broken legacy car purchasing model. For those interested, I placed an order today for a new Model 3 Performance with an estimated delivery date in 3-6 WEEKS.

I wish all of you the best, the Raptor is an amazing truck and I really wish this would have worked out. I've just lost all conference/trust in the company that produces it.

mobiia

Reaction score
I feel you. Been flirting with the idea of jumping in a TRX myself out of frustration. Be careful tho... as a few others have mentioned, Tesla's customer service isn't their strong point. I will say the Model 3's acceleration is no joke and a ton of fun... too bad it's ugly :)

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super interesting cross shop and substitute goods scenario.

i seriously wonder if this came up in any consumer competitive profile meetings at Ford.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm actually not surprised. By the pictures I've seen on here from Gen3 owners, 99% of you look like Tesla drivers. I was pretty shocked at first. Makes sense why there are so many polish and taillight tinting threads now
this ^
the Raptor doesn't want you to drive it either