Thanks Santa, ICON and Outlaw!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have the same set up as I do... And I know you air your truck out.. With that said i had to lower the bumps nitrogen pressure, otherwise on a hard landing the back will violently rebound off the bump stops..

-Greg

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the same set up as I do... And I know you air your truck out.. With that said i had to lower the bumps nitrogen pressure, otherwise on a hard landing the back will violently rebound off the bump stops..

-Greg

looking forward to running the new set up and making some adjustments. may try to go to cycle ranch on feb 1st (a group from Houston is planning to go that day).

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I will say is what would have been "this is gonna hurt" (oh shit) moment with stock shocks is a thing in the past with this set up.. To the point that I am seriously thinking about a cage and harnesses, they are that good!

-Greg

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my positive camber fixed this morning. Ha.

2013-01-17_08-37-53_283.jpg

LCAs pulled all the way in for months to offset bent spindles. Now it's time to pull them out.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Sitting a little nose high after Icon install. Looking good but needs a bath.

2013-01-17_08-49-45_183.jpg

Last edited:

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sitting a little nose high after Icon install. Looking good but needs a bath.

2013-01-17_08-49-45_183.jpg

Is the back at stock height....or??,,, because that does not seem right? We have stock leafs in ours and it is level with the setting your shocks should be at. If need be adjust the nut on top of the coil up a little to bring the front down...you want to keep the weight distribution pushing in the forward direction. .

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

www.iconvehicledynamics.com
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When did you get your RPG rear springs?? They were originally arched at negative 1.5 from stock.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just let Outlaw get the spindles, weld on the gussets and send them to me.

Can these Outlaw Spindle Gussets be welded with the spindles still on the truck, or do they have to be removed? Looking for that Outlaw thread. I've got to do something about that next weakest link.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the back at stock height....or??,,, because that does not seem right? We have stock leafs in ours and it is level with the setting your shocks should be at. If need be adjust the nut on top of the coil up a little to bring the front down...you want to keep the weight distribution pushing in the forward direction. .

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Performance Suspension Systems, Coil-Over Shocks, Uniball Upper Control Arms, and Lift Kits for Trucks and Suv's
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension

Yes, my leafs are aftermarket Nationals arched negative from stock.

My Nationals also have the bushing/mount problem that RPG is discussing with National (mine slid off the front passenger bushing and now rubs against the mount). No solution yet (I have tried to "re-set" them per RPG forum post a few weeks ago but the front passenger side just slid back up against the mount again after a few days of driving). So still waiting on a fix for that.

I have contemplated putting the stock springs back on but it looks like in RPG's install instructions for its Stage 2 kit that they provide some extra hardware so that you can modify slightly the factory block (drilling new pin holes and adding the hardware) so that their strike plate can fit under the factory block? Seems like a PITA, but maybe I am reading the instructions wrong. Would be nice to just drop the factory block and leafs back into place with the RPG strike plate but I guess that does not work?? Anyone with insights?

Maybe I just revert to Stage 1, and put back the rubber jounce. Understand the ICON truck runs this way and has survived Raptor Expedition outings plus more.

Not really interested in heading to Baja with Treypal and hearing that leaf rub against the mount for 5 days.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, my leafs are aftermarket Nationals arched negative from stock.

My Nationals also have the bushing/mount problem that RPG is discussing with National (mine slid off the front passenger bushing and now rubs against the mount). No solution yet (I have tried to "re-set" them per RPG forum post a few weeks ago but the front passenger side just slid back up against the mount again after a few days of driving). So still waiting on a fix for that.

I have contemplated putting the stock springs back on but it looks like in RPG's install instructions for its Stage 2 kit that they provide some extra hardware so that you can modify slightly the factory block (drilling new pin holes and adding the hardware) so that their strike plate can fit under the factory block? Seems like a PITA, but maybe I am reading the instructions wrong. Would be nice to just drop the factory block and leafs back into place with the RPG strike plate but I guess that does not work?? Anyone with insights?

Maybe I just revert to Stage 1, and put back the rubber jounce. Understand the ICON truck runs this way and has survived Raptor Expedition outings plus more.

Not really interested in heading to Baja with Treypal and hearing that leaf rub against the mount for 5 days.

Have you gotten this resolved yet? When did you get your stage 3? You could be having the same problem Greg and I had?

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^
New stock height National SDs in process. Hopefully they are delivered with my Raceline bumper. 36 days until I leave for Baja run. Jarrett said I would be hooked up before then. Can't wait!