Thanks Santa, ICON and Outlaw!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lugnut2683

Reaction score
Yes, my leafs are aftermarket Nationals arched negative from stock.

My Nationals also have the bushing/mount problem that RPG is discussing with National (mine slid off the front passenger bushing and now rubs against the mount). No solution yet (I have tried to "re-set" them per RPG forum post a few weeks ago but the front passenger side just slid back up against the mount again after a few days of driving). So still waiting on a fix for that.

I have contemplated putting the stock springs back on but it looks like in RPG's install instructions for its Stage 2 kit that they provide some extra hardware so that you can modify slightly the factory block (drilling new pin holes and adding the hardware) so that their strike plate can fit under the factory block? Seems like a PITA, but maybe I am reading the instructions wrong. Would be nice to just drop the factory block and leafs back into place with the RPG strike plate but I guess that does not work?? Anyone with insights?

Maybe I just revert to Stage 1, and put back the rubber jounce. Understand the ICON truck runs this way and has survived Raptor Expedition outings plus more.

Not really interested in heading to Baja with Treypal and hearing that leaf rub against the mount for 5 days.

Have you gotten this resolved yet? When did you get your stage 3? You could be having the same problem Greg and I had?

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Hey guys, sorry for resurrecting an old ass thread, but hey, I used the search function!!!

I just received my Stage 2 RPG kit and I am using the stock leafs for now. I also came across the instructions for modifying the stock lift block:

q0BjBMf.png

What was your resolution? Did you ever modify the block and run stock leafs, or is everyone who runs into this choosing to upgrade leafs instead?

EDIT: Realize this is in a vendor thread... my bad.

Last edited: