Thankfully, I wasn't blown away with Gen3. But...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks more like the GEN1. Flatter. But I need to see one in real life. They SAID the grill is bigger than ever. But from the pictures so far, I like GEN2 better. Especially how the FORD grill assembly creeps into the headlamps. I think that just looks CHUNKY and cool.

View attachment 161146
Exactly! I love the look of the Gen 2 front end. I think its got a classy, tough look.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like all new vehicles I'm jealous of the electronics... Sync 4/displays/features. Have to jump on the band wagon with the front. To me the G2 jumped WAY ahead in the looks dept over the G1 when it came out. Even down to the bead lock ready wheels, I found the 2G just better looking in every way. Not so much with the G3's exterior. However, absolutely believe the G3 interior hit a home run. Really sweet IMO!

We have to remember though, the way a vehicle looks is like a good bourbon. The best is the one YOU like best. So I'm waiting to see more on performance. I won't be interested in making the jump from a G2 to G3 Raptor. On the other hand, we will have to see what the G3-R brings to the table!

Last edited:

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does that run? I went to their website and there is more than one option. The 3K option? Do you feel that bump, truly?
https://www.goosetuned.com/shop

Nowhere near that. Plus I bought on the Black Friday sale. There's a Stage 1, and Stage 2. You can get Stage 2 only if you have an aftermarket intercooler. Winfield is also a Supporting Vendor on here, and very responsive to emails.

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe full tilt with Accessport/custom Goosetune/GooseTCM tune is just under $1400 I believe. More if you want additional maps (93/91/E30 etc)

FarmersFight

Reaction score
The 2 biggest upgrades for me personally that are making me consider it are the large screen inside and the rear suspension ride quality. I know, it’s pretty immature to like that screen, but that’s one of the main features that makes the Rams so popular. It is cool. Like the 37 option as well, but guessing that model loaded out will be approaching $80k. Not sure I can or want to drop that kind of dough.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like all new vehicles I'm jealous of the electronics... Sync 4/displays/features. Have to jump on the band wagon with the front. To me the G2 jumped WAY ahead in the looks dept over the G1 when it came out. Even down to the bead lock ready wheels, I found the 2G just better looking in every way. Not so much with the G3's exterior. However, absolutely believe the G3 interior hit a home run. Really sweet IMO!

We have to remember though, the way a vehicle looks is like a good bourbon. The best is the one YOU like best. So I'm waiting to see more on performance. I won't be interested in making the jump from a G2 to G3 Raptor. On the other hand, we will have to see what the G3-R brings to the table!

The interior and electronics upgrades are definitely great. What I’m most excited about is the fact that you can configure exhaust, suspension, and steering individually. I wish I could keep the my Gen2 in sport suspension and steering mode but normal engine mode for every day driving.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same as you guys...tech and torque. I've been doing things incrementally to upgrade performance. I bought a used Accessport, which comes with free Cobb tunes, and using stage 1 tune right now. I finally ordered an intercooler a few days ago so I can run stage 2 in a couple of weeks. Next step will be talking to goosetuned when I get tired of the cobb stage 2. The intercooler is definitely the most expensive part so it's nice to spread it out.

For the screen you could always go with an aftermarket "tesla" style screen. I had a similar android setup on my 2012 X5M and, while the android side was kinda crappy, it improved the resolution and size of the stock idrive screen. I don't think there are any screens for the F150 that keep the sync3 though and none of them have stood out to me.

For wireless Apple Carplay in the Raptor I use the Carplay2air adapter. The adapter has worked flawlessly with no drop or issues. The only downside to it is a 15sec loading screen while it connects at startup and the fact that the loading screen looks like a cheap Chinese interface. Otherwise, it autoconnects to your phone and even autoresumes music.

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, love my G2... wish I could have G3 electronics in it. Then again your talking to the guy who’d shove current interiors/electronics into bodies from the 40s, 50s, and 60s for the perfect vehicle. Sacrilege I know!