Thankfully, I wasn't blown away with Gen3. But...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruce Christy

Reaction score
I thought I would be suffering a lot of FOMO today with the Gen3 announcement. I have a 2020 Raptor bought new just 3 months ago.

Even though there is some cool stuff—I wasn't blown away. In fact, I think the new front grille is actually *less* mean looking? Is it just me?

Anyway, what I really want actually is the new Sync 4 stuff—specifically the new wireless connection to Apple CarPlay. I really hate having to plug my iPhone in every time I get in and out of the Raptor. I really don't get why Sync can't just to connect to CarPlay automatically. Ugh. JUST WORK! I know that there is no software ability to "upgrade" Sync 3 to 4—but is there a way to upgrade the physical system to 4? A kit?

Thanks,

—Bruce

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though there is some cool stuff—I wasn't blown away. In fact, I think the new front grille is actually *less* mean looking? Is it just me?

I'm right there with you. I'm not digging it at all!!!

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely not digging the rear applique! The FORD letters look way too small! Loved the orange color, but everything else was kind of meh to me. Doesn't really matter, I'm in love with my '20.

OP
OP
Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy

Reaction score

I'm right there with you. I'm not digging it at all!!!

It looks more like the GEN1. Flatter. But I need to see one in real life. They SAID the grill is bigger than ever. But from the pictures so far, I like GEN2 better. Especially how the FORD grill assembly creeps into the headlamps. I think that just looks CHUNKY and cool.

Markup 2021-02-03 at 18.06.49.png

OP
OP
Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy

Reaction score
I'm definitely not digging the rear applique! The FORD letters look way too small! Loved the orange color, but everything else was kind of meh to me. Doesn't really matter, I'm in love with my '20.

Me too. More than ever. I was really worried this morning that I'd suffer from FOMO panic. Not really. Maybe wait for the "R" to get all panicky?

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. More than ever. I was really worried this morning that I'd suffer from FOMO panic. Not really. Maybe wait for the "R" to get all panicky?
Well, the way I'm looking at it, I wasn't going to be swayed even if the V8 came out. My truck was GooseTuned at about 1500 miles. It runs phenomenal. I can't describe it, but I love getting in it and driving it.

OP
OP
Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy

Reaction score
Well, the way I'm looking at it, I wasn't going to be swayed even if the V8 came out. My truck was GooseTuned at about 1500 miles. It runs phenomenal. I can't describe it, but I love getting in it and driving it.

How much does that run? I went to their website and there is more than one option. The 3K option? Do you feel that bump, truly?
https://www.goosetuned.com/shop