Thank you to everyone for all the information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading quite a bit and have learned a lot looking at these forums. I've narrowed my choices down to the Raptor or the F-150 Tremor at this point. I'm pretty sure both would do anything I'm likely to ask them to do and can see myself driving either of them for many years to come. My main hesitation with the Raptor is the width and ability to do more local trails. Honestly, even the Tremor is going to be limiting. If a fellow had any brains he'd buy an older Wrangler or the like and flat tow it behind his cool new pickup, but I obviously don't have that sort of brain power clicking around in my skull so I'm looking for one vehicle that's a perfect mix of on road, off road, comfort, capability, range, and ability to do general light duty truck stuff. Show off to the neighbors by buying a sheet of plywood, maybe.

Ford has really impressed me with the current trucks. I haven't owned one for about 14 years, an F-250 Super Duty being my last one, but I think FoMoCo will be taking my money again soon.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Prius.

:D

Will do.
Good choice. The Prius is narrow and can do most trails. The most common vehicle I come across in the middle of nowhere trails is Prius. Middle of the Utah desert - I pass a Prius, middle of Utah mountains - I pass a Prius, middle of the Arizona Strip - I pass a Prius, Moab - yep, a Prius. Idaho mountains - there’s a Prius doing a river crossing. Baja — didn’t see a Prius…haha

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good choice. The Prius is narrow and can do most trails. The most common vehicle I come across in the middle of nowhere trails is Prius. Middle of the Utah desert - I pass a Prius, middle of Utah mountains - I pass a Prius, middle of the Arizona Strip - I pass a Prius, Moab - yep, a Prius. Idaho mountains - there’s a Prius doing a river crossing. Baja — didn’t see a Prius…haha

A Baja Prius is the fastest of all Priuses (Priusi?) so you simply never passed one. Physically impossible. Even if it's moving toward you it will be by you before the human mind has time to register it's presence.

The Baja Prius was actually invented in 1783. Just nobody knew until high speed photography set-up accidentally caught one in the background of a hummingbird shot. Then modern humans did their best to reverse engineer one, creating the more mundane ones most people are familiar with.

True story. You read it on the Internet.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1 - your correct about the width however the Tremor will have the same issues. Exactly why I wrapped my truck... looks good and I just drive through the light branches (so far so good knock on my wooden head)
#2 - Price - I went through the same decision process and it was really easy to justify the difference and step up to the Raptor... I did get MSRP so I know that can be a driver however just make sure your not regretting as you see the bad a$$ Raptor at Starbucks

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1 - your correct about the width however the Tremor will have the same issues. Exactly why I wrapped my truck... looks good and I just drive through the light branches (so far so good knock on my wooden head)
#2 - Price - I went through the same decision process and it was really easy to justify the difference and step up to the Raptor... I did get MSRP so I know that can be a driver however just make sure your not regretting as you see the bad a$$ Raptor at Starbucks

Sure, there are places any vehicle won't fit. But the Raptor being 7" wider is more places and more difficultly in urban environements. I'm not really a jealous of the other guy's ride sort of person. I'm happy with my current truck, I'm sure I'll be happy with my next one. I view this as purchasing a ticket. I don't necesarily care about the ticket itself, I care about the experience the ticket allows me to get to have. Other dude's ticket and experience isn't my issue.

Pricewise, it's kind of a wash. I'm comparing a new Tremor @ 3% off invoice to a certified used 2nd gen Raptor. Some are a little more, some a little less, but none enough of a difference it matters.