Thank you to everyone for all the information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Depends on your intentioned use of said truck. If you want a trail beast, I'd suggest a Suzuki Samurai and tow it with a superduty. Those things suck on the road but went more places than my '78 CJ7.

You can not compare a Raptor and Tremor. Thats like comparing hammers, you wouldn't use a finishing hammer for framing.

I like the Raptor for the over all experience. Besides I get the best Frappuccino at Starbucks in a Gen 2 Raptor.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nex said it best “experience” when I say regret thats my point
Anyway just don’t ride in a Raptor after getting the Tremor …...just doesn’t compare and the extra width has not been a problem for me at all on the type of off roading i do. Would definitely want a small light vehicle if I was in to heavy rock crawling through overgrown tight trails.
Good luck! I’m sure there’s a Tremor page

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your intentioned use of said truck. If you want a trail beast, I'd suggest a Suzuki Samurai and tow it with a superduty. Those things suck on the road but went more places than my '78 CJ7.

You can not compare a Raptor and Tremor. Thats like comparing hammers, you wouldn't use a finishing hammer for framing.

I like the Raptor for the over all experience. Besides I get the best Frappuccino at Starbucks in a Gen 2 Raptor.

Yup, like I said if a fellow had any brains he'd do the flat tow/trailer a dedicated trail rig. I'm just wanting to do the old service roads and light to medium trails, though.

You can compare, you just did, and yup both have different uses. It's just deciding which fits my use case the best.

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nex said it best “experience” when I say regret thats my point
Anyway just don’t ride in a Raptor after getting the Tremor …...just doesn’t compare and the extra width has not been a problem for me at all on the type of off roading i do. Would definitely want a small light vehicle if I was in to heavy rock crawling through overgrown tight trails.
Good luck! I’m sure there’s a Tremor page

Thanks!

I've driven a 2022 Tremor, a 2018 Raptor, and a 2020 Raptor. I'd be perfectly satisifed in the Tremor or the later Raptor, but was honestly a little dissappointed with the 2018. I chalk it up to maybe that one needing shocks rebuilt or being poorly maintained but if I get one it will be a '19 or later.

There are pages for every sort of truck, and I've been lurking or posting on many to get a feel for what current owners like, dislike, common failure points they have, etc. are.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oops........

us peasants can barely afford a sheet of plywood, let alone nails and "the correct" hammer. i am still using a rock to pound the nails.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask yourself this...

If you buy a Tremor will you drive past a Raptor and have a bit of regret.

If you buy a Raptor will you drive past a Tremor and have a bit of regret.

I have never once looked at a Tremor and said 'damn I made a mistake'. You get used to the width, get the 360 camera, really helps with parking and slow maneuvers. '19-20 are great trucks, avoids many of the small issues throughout the years.

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask yourself this...

If you buy a Tremor will you drive past a Raptor and have a bit of regret.

If you buy a Raptor will you drive past a Tremor and have a bit of regret.

No to both. I've narrowed the options to things I'd be happy with so as long as I don't get a lemon, I'm pretty certain I won't have any regrets.

I'll get the 360 camera for sure regardless of which I go with. Honestly, that's one of the big motivators for me to get a new truck. Modern headlights and the camera system are big draws for me. My car has HIDs and it's absolutely incredible how much better I can see at night vs the old halogens.