TFL detailed look at the GEN3 Exhaust System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben2k9

Reaction score
I actually love the optional exhaust modes on my new Gen3. The difference between quiet mode and sport mode is pretty significant in person. If I'm going to be doing a bit of driving, quiet mode is nice because the loudness can get annoying after a while. But what good is a badass truck like a Raptor if you can't show it off and flex a little bit. Sport or Baja mode sounds very nice.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a TFL video on Raptor-friendly Colorado trails. I’d love to go out and hit some, but there seem to be an over abundance of narrow trails and shelf roads.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
none of the vids do the sound justice. Have to hear it in person, doesn’t sound like a truck . Could easily pass for a high end sports car more like a Maserati. Def not a v8. But much improved over last year

Ta2punk

Reaction score
none of the vids do the sound justice. Have to hear it in person, doesn’t sound like a truck . Could easily pass for a high end sports car more like a Maserati. Def not a v8. But much improved over last year
The exhaust is basically the truck version of GTR exhaust sound, it’s very close and that’s one of the best twin turbo v6 exhaust sounds.

Reaction score
GTR? I would say no. I rather say it sounds like a 350z with a turbo. Sound is good baja or sport mode. Certainly sounds like a j a p car and not a truck.