TFL detailed look at the GEN3 Exhaust System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah…, no. Complete waste of time, money, & weight with zero tangible result. However, it does show that Ford listens to goofy Yootuubers…

I just think you'd need to hear it in person to really tell what you think. I saw that last night and really couldn't tell much difference between the 4 options. IMO, it would have helped if we actually saw when the options were switched over, and perhaps had the audio tracks laid over each other. What they did was pretty useless.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exhaust note is very very subjective and one def needs to hear it in person. If a V6 EB exhaust note is a no go for you and the TRX is an option.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
This is a better video that cycles through the exhaust modes without all the BS.

It won't let me post the link but go to the Gen3 facebook page. Good video.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im generally not a fan of valved exhaust. More moving **** to break. I've had other cars with this ****, and I promptly ripped them off for something static. This is all about gimmick IMO. They could have just tuned the damn exhaust with the loop for good sound and left it there. Anyway, this will be good for the mall crawlers I guess.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of time and money wasted on this. I would rather have 50hp more or another inch of suspension travel. This improves the performance of the vehicle 0%.

I agree Ford listens, but obviously they listen to idiots.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree Ford listens, but obviously they listen to idiots.
LOL They kept the floor shifter. But made it cheap looking so that people will hate on it and they can get rid of it. What I want to know is which idiot wanted a blue interior. Since Ford listened to them I figure it's my best chance for a plaid interior.

4x4ready

Reaction score
Valved exhaust seem to be the standard for higher performance vehicles for sometime. It's a standard feature if I recall. Non-valved might be the drum brakes of exhaust systems now