Texas to Socal to Texas - New '17 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you are fleeing Commiefornia in search of refuge in a beautiful red state, welcome to Texas! Austin is basically California, so unless you need to, I’d avoid it (unfortunately, I live 30 minutes away and it’s still too close).
Magnetic is clearly the fastest color.

Edit: wanted to add we sought refuge from SoCal a couple years ago. Family’s been there since the 50s but now it’s a third world country.

OP
OP
J

jdholder

Reaction score
As long as you are fleeing Commiefornia in search of refuge in a beautiful red state, welcome to Texas! Austin is basically California, so unless you need to, I’d avoid it (unfortunately, I live 30 minutes away and it’s still too close).
Magnetic is clearly the fastest color.

Edit: wanted to add we sought refuge from SoCal a couple years ago. Family’s been there since the 50s but now it’s a third world country.
We bought north of DFW in Argyle. Looking forward to freedom!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! That’s an awesome color truck and a superb choice. Don’t mind me as a I may be biased. Enjoy it!

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome messages!! I also agree that Magnetic is the best color! :)
JUst like to add... Before i bought my GEN2 i drove 10 different used raptor and my GEN 2 already had the LARGER intercooler and COBB mods... Nothing compares in my opintion to a COBB tuned - STAGE II ( with larger intercooler and AIR INTAKE).. The truck drives totally different..I dont have the TRANS TUNE, but i hear that great too.. just FYI.. I also dont run the stronger TUNE--I run 1 less-- Enjoy the truck!!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a part time Texan and Californian but everything I have is registered in Texas so I claim Texas. Haha. Im down in College Station but my little bro lives in Justin so just across 35 from Argyle. Great area but its growing soooo fast up that way.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I rest my case

Meh, most UT students aren't from here, but yes, they do foster liberal BS, along with the city council. Oddly, if you talk to most people they disagree with most of the BS, but they aren't voting. It's the 50k UT kids and old democrats (from when democrats used to be cool) that are towing the line. Conservatives are too busy making a living and chasing skirts I guess. We live outside the city limits, so we just embrace the suck and try and go on down the road as best we can.

Most of the refugees I've met are conservative, on the surface at least.

OP, nice truck!

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enjoy, I made the move a couple of years back....
Well our "Uncle Sam" moved us...
He went to move us BACK to Cali and I put in my papers. ;)
Lots of opportunity and FREEDOM here. :Big Laugh:
It's novel to be able to walk in buy a new "toy" and WALK OUT with it...

Enjoy!