Texas Newb...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slingshot60

Reaction score
Picked up a new ‘19 Race Red Raptor yesterday. Made a 700 mile round trip to Ada, OK to get it. Every option except hood graphics. Dealer was great to deal with—no games, gave a very fair trade value for my ‘14 Audi A5. Bought it for $8000+ off list. Hard to believe that there are still new ‘19 models out there but there are a few.

Likes: good ride, good power, comfortable seats, decent stereo, killer looks

Dislikes: gas mileage (expected... ), also has very annoying high pitched whine inside that lasts for several minutes after I turn it off. Guess will have to take it to the local dealer Monday...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF; Pictures. Or you bought a prius.

8k off isn’t too bad. The ’19’s hanging around this late into 2020 is from pure greed. Guaranteed at one point in the truck’s life some stealership was asking 10k over MSRP for it and probably held on to that for all of 2019. It could be the same one you bought from or they could have bought it off another stealership. Apparently, some of these idjits thought that people would pay over MSRP for -1 model year truck :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[QUOTE="slingshot60, post: 1557482, member: 45044”]Dislikes: gas mileage (expected... ), also has very annoying high pitched whine inside that lasts for several minutes after I turn it off[/QUOTE]

I have that same high pitched whine coming from the passenger seat area, usually after I do some move that would break the suspension on some peasant truck or similar. Of course, my wife can never hear it.o_O

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Congrats on the purchase of your raptor. Maybe post a pic so we don't think you're cruizing in a Prius.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will get some pics today. Loving the truck so far except that damned high pitch whine...

Mine has the same thing, although it doesn't seem to always do it. I think it's when I've been running the air. I'll have to pay more attention. Mostly though, I just get out and that's that.