Texas Lost Highway Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So my wife and kids are heading out of town for a couple weeks mid July and I have wanted to go down and take a drive up the lost highway. Seems like a perfect time to do it while they're out of town. I am fairly certain they leave on the 18th.

Here's the link from a post on here about it.. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f112/lost-highway-87-texas-coast-9973/

If anyone's interested I'll be heading down from Austin. I plan on staying the night near there the night before, driving the coast and then either heading back after or staying one more night before heading home.

I'm going either way but thought it would be fun if a few people, or more, wanted to come along.

Let me know and I hope to see some of you out there.

~BGM

athemos

Reaction score
Just a heads up. I hear it's really lame. Definitely nothing high speed. Lots of big rocks and stuff and you can't go very far.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, I have heard the same thing about the lost highway. Just a lot of debris that needs to be prerun before you drive over it.

OP
OP
Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome and thanks for the link.. I realize it will not be a high speed crazy run, this is just more something I have wanted to do since coming to Texas and now I have the time and freedom to head over and do it.

~BGM