GEN 2 Testing New JRZ Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLVRBAKRAPTOR

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thank you for the continued support of the JRZ brand. Most of you may or may not know but a huge part of our business is the armored car industry. This is where this damper is derived from. We have been supplying them all over the world for the last 6 years with great success. In the defense industry we test in real world situations where we take 15-25k lb vehicles and simulate ambush conditions where we literally drive off the street and jump random things trying to "get away" . We have also done the Drakar rally and multiple entries in WRC.

Standard high speed flutter valve stack on our off road piston and of course our motorsports remote reservoir. The reservoir has two internal pop off valves. One for rebound and the other for compression. The compression frequency valve in the canister is what makes the ride in the raptor so incredible. On low speed movements (braking and turning in) the valve is very stiff, this allows for a tight level chassis. Loads of compression and a stable grippy feel to the chassis. As velocity moves into the mid and high speed compression range the valve opens and the suspension is allowed to move freely forcing the high speed compression to be made in the flutter valve stack. Makes it great on bump control (JRZ's forte). For the jumps we are working on external bump stops for the raptor.

When I got my raptor one thing I hated about it was the ride. It had a ton or porpoising in the chassis. So much so that under braking and turning if I hit any kind of compression the back end would slide out on me. Had a lot of big wallowing moments. Also on bumps and curbs the rear was super unsettled. On washboards the rear end would axle hop like crazy!

Our system fixes all of that. The ride on the street is firm and cushy and tight. Tons of support under braking, and you are able to drive through turns at the grip limits of the tire, not the chassis. For a guy like me that spends 99.9% of time behind the wheel on road it fits the bill perfectly. Off road it is more than capable as you can see in the above video!

Happy to field any and all questions! All the damper manufactures make great products. None are "better" than the others, as that is subjective to the end user, It is just that we all have different dampening philosophies.

We have been pioneers in the damper industry for 50 years and are happy to bring this new product to support this amazing community!

We will be stocking the dampers stateside here at Olsen Motorsports/JRZ USA in Chicago. I gave quite a few ride alongs at the Raptor Takeover event over the weekend! Happy to do that in the future events for all you guys.

-Tim Olsen

Do you have a kit for the Gen 1 raptor?

Tim Olsen

Reaction score
Keith made up a collage of some of the jumps at Raptor Takeover in Durhamtown. Some of the footage is in Slow Mo so you can really see the suspension working! Let us know your thoughts!

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are the shocks? The photos look a little smaller than a 3.0 but they might be deceiving