GEN 2 Testing New JRZ Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sup guys, just sharing our latest video as we continue to test our JRZ suspension for the off-road market.

84154754_1581113658697774_4735724102705217536_o.jpg

In car footage below!

Any questions just ask!

knifeinhand

Reaction score
Thats awesome to see a very well respected company like JRZ into the mix. I have run their products on 2 different gt3's as well as a couple BMW's and have no issues what so ever. My only question is what does JRZ bring to the table that Fox or King isn't doing?

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome to see a very well respected company like JRZ into the mix. I have run their products on 2 different gt3's as well as a couple BMW's and have no issues what so ever. My only question is what does JRZ bring to the table that Fox or King isn't doing?

Agreed! I would love to see how it all progresses because they definitely are a respected company! Hey I’m all for trying new things and breaking the norm, but I also agree that I would like to see their offering as well as the key differences.

I’m intrigued.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agreed! I would love to see how it all progresses because they definitely are a respected company! Hey I’m all for trying new things and breaking the norm, but I also agree that I would like to see their offering as well as the key differences.

I’m intrigued.

Hey guys! Thank you for the continued support of the JRZ brand. Most of you may or may not know but a huge part of our business is the armored car industry. This is where this damper is derived from. We have been supplying them all over the world for the last 6 years with great success. In the defense industry we test in real world situations where we take 15-25k lb vehicles and simulate ambush conditions where we literally drive off the street and jump random things trying to "get away" . We have also done the Drakar rally and multiple entries in WRC.

Standard high speed flutter valve stack on our off road piston and of course our motorsports remote reservoir. The reservoir has two internal pop off valves. One for rebound and the other for compression. The compression frequency valve in the canister is what makes the ride in the raptor so incredible. On low speed movements (braking and turning in) the valve is very stiff, this allows for a tight level chassis. Loads of compression and a stable grippy feel to the chassis. As velocity moves into the mid and high speed compression range the valve opens and the suspension is allowed to move freely forcing the high speed compression to be made in the flutter valve stack. Makes it great on bump control (JRZ's forte). For the jumps we are working on external bump stops for the raptor.

When I got my raptor one thing I hated about it was the ride. It had a ton or porpoising in the chassis. So much so that under braking and turning if I hit any kind of compression the back end would slide out on me. Had a lot of big wallowing moments. Also on bumps and curbs the rear was super unsettled. On washboards the rear end would axle hop like crazy!

Our system fixes all of that. The ride on the street is firm and cushy and tight. Tons of support under braking, and you are able to drive through turns at the grip limits of the tire, not the chassis. For a guy like me that spends 99.9% of time behind the wheel on road it fits the bill perfectly. Off road it is more than capable as you can see in the above video!

Happy to field any and all questions! All the damper manufactures make great products. None are "better" than the others, as that is subjective to the end user, It is just that we all have different dampening philosophies.

We have been pioneers in the damper industry for 50 years and are happy to bring this new product to support this amazing community!

We will be stocking the dampers stateside here at Olsen Motorsports/JRZ USA in Chicago. I gave quite a few ride alongs at the Raptor Takeover event over the weekend! Happy to do that in the future events for all you guys.

-Tim Olsen

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Thank you for the continued support of the JRZ brand. Most of you may or may not know but a huge part of our business is the armored car industry. This is where this damper is derived from. We have been supplying them all over the world for the last 6 years with great success. In the defense industry we test in real world situations where we take 15-25k lb vehicles and simulate ambush conditions where we literally drive off the street and jump random things trying to "get away" . We have also done the Drakar rally and multiple entries in WRC.

Standard high speed flutter valve stack on our off road piston and of course our motorsports remote reservoir. The reservoir has two internal pop off valves. One for rebound and the other for compression. The compression frequency valve in the canister is what makes the ride in the raptor so incredible. On low speed movements (braking and turning in) the valve is very stiff, this allows for a tight level chassis. Loads of compression and a stable grippy feel to the chassis. As velocity moves into the mid and high speed compression range the valve opens and the suspension is allowed to move freely forcing the high speed compression to be made in the flutter valve stack. Makes it great on bump control (JRZ's forte). For the jumps we are working on external bump stops for the raptor.

When I got my raptor one thing I hated about it was the ride. It had a ton or porpoising in the chassis. So much so that under braking and turning if I hit any kind of compression the back end would slide out on me. Had a lot of big wallowing moments. Also on bumps and curbs the rear was super unsettled. On washboards the rear end would axle hop like crazy!

Our system fixes all of that. The ride on the street is firm and cushy and tight. Tons of support under braking, and you are able to drive through turns at the grip limits of the tire, not the chassis. For a guy like me that spends 99.9% of time behind the wheel on road it fits the bill perfectly. Off road it is more than capable as you can see in the above video!

Happy to field any and all questions! All the damper manufactures make great products. None are "better" than the others, as that is subjective to the end user, It is just that we all have different dampening philosophies.

We have been pioneers in the damper industry for 50 years and are happy to bring this new product to support this amazing community!

We will be stocking the dampers stateside here at Olsen Motorsports/JRZ USA in Chicago. I gave quite a few ride alongs at the Raptor Takeover event over the weekend! Happy to do that in the future events for all you guys.

-Tim Olsen

Now I’m kicking myself for not being able to make it up to RTO.

Tim, would you be interested in PMing me in regards to other specifics (Pricing, are you the full shock deal (front and back), any modifications needed vs other manufacturers, service interval recommendations and possibly even custom valving specs??)

Always looking for some more “fun” :)

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would be very interesting if the could stop the rear end dance on a wash board road.

Good Morning Dave. It does indeed do that. You can never of course completely stop the axle hop but we do control it. If you look at the video in the original post that is the surface that I am driving on. I am able to stay in the power full throttle without shaking my brains out or using steering input. The lifting force of the damper is what helps with that. For instance if I run the rear canisters at say 150 it is pretty gnarly and shaky, but when they are set to 300 that lifting force on the piston rod makes it super nice.

upload_2020-3-11_5-34-44.png
Above graph shows the dyno from the frequency blow off valve at work. That low speed bleed in the high speed circuit is what helps on the washboard, but when you slow the damper down it is very stiff (1-2"ps) Makes it a best of both world ride over the chops.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I’m kicking myself for not being able to make it up to RTO.

Tim, would you be interested in PMing me in regards to other specifics (Pricing, are you the full shock deal (front and back), any modifications needed vs other manufacturers, service interval recommendations and possibly even custom valving specs??)

Always looking for some more “fun” :)

Yes of course will send you a PM, but also price point is $5,350 for the set plus the ride. Complete with front and rear dampers, top hats, and brackets for the canisters. Zero modifications needed to install the dampers other than elbow grease and a big ass torque wrench for that bottom front bolt. Custom valving can be achieved!

The service recommendations will follow our normal 20k mile/3 year recommended factory timeline. Unless of course you are doing the raptor takeover every weekend :)

We did a lengthy install video showing the ins and outs of how it goes in.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim and Olsen Motorsports was kind enough/crazy enough to give me the keys of their JRZ equipped Raptor and told me to hit the RTO Durhamtown turbo track hard. I was very impressed by their platform and look forward to seeing more input and feedback here and in the field. As always, it's great to have new product options for our trucks. I'm lucky to be local to Olsen, so hopefully will have additional opportunity to see their work.

Krishna V

Reaction score
Tim and Olsen Motorsports was kind enough/crazy enough to give me the keys of their JRZ equipped Raptor and told me to hit the RTO Durhamtown turbo track hard. I was very impressed by their platform and look forward to seeing more input and feedback here and in the field. As always, it's great to have new product options for our trucks. I'm lucky to be local to Olsen, so hopefully will have additional opportunity to see their work.

Agreed on this. I've known Tim & Olsen Motorsports for years now and their work is impeccable. I did Polar Rally with him earlier this year and got to drive his Raptor and it's a huge difference versus stock. This was all before the testing/dialing-in it looks like he's been doing. Looking forward to seeing this hit the market.