Test drive not allowed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freddy411

Reaction score
I'm from Idaho and last November went to look at a Raptor. The salesman asked if I had driven one I hadn't so as he was going to get one on the display ramp a transport pulled in with a white 2018 Raptor. As soon as it was off the truck we took it for a spin, off road and up the hills. He said "put your foot in it". I bought it the next day!

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never test driven a vehicle before buying one. What are you going to learn in 10 or 15 minutes of driving?? You pretty much learn about a vehicle over weeks not minutes. I’ve driven vehicles of friends and said I’m getting one, bought one, and months later hated the way it drove. Case in point, go test drive a Nissan GTR. I drove my friends when he got his, went and bought one, and let me tell you, you’ll hate driving that thing around town..great if you only drive on freeways or go cruise it, but drive that thing to go do chores and you’ll first **** your own face. So just my two cents...

As much as I would like to agree, I don't. I agree that impressions can change with more seat time, but taking a test drive can definitely rule out vehicles really fast that you might have considered purchasing. A quick test ride can tell you a lot about certain ride characteristics, performance, visibility, comfort, features, etc.....

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Idaho and last November went to look at a Raptor. The salesman asked if I had driven one I hadn't so as he was going to get one on the display ramp a transport pulled in with a white 2018 Raptor. As soon as it was off the truck we took it for a spin, off road and up the hills. He said "put your foot in it". I bought it the next day!

Insane.......he’s lucky you bought it as I don’t think many other purchasers looking for a new Raptor would have wanted that truck after that test drive......