Test drive 3rd Gen..is it even possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJitty

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I test drove a 2020 but I think 2021 features is what I want. I'm in GA but wondering if it's even possible to test drive one given the demand for these. What have you all experienced? Do dealers typically even have a demo to even drive? I really want to see how different it is between the exhaust control and new rear suspension set up..thanks yall

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is a halo vehicle....you either want one or dont....until a dealer has more then 1 on the lot......I doubt they will do test drives

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I test drove a 2020 but I think 2021 features is what I want. I'm in GA but wondering if it's even possible to test drive one given the demand for these. What have you all experienced? Do dealers typically even have a demo to even drive? I really want to see how different it is between the exhaust control and new rear suspension set up..thanks yall

Yes. If you spot a Gen 3 on the roads, follow them until they park somewhere, then beg the owner to let you drive it. Seriously, that is my plan. I believe there is one in my neighborhood now, and if I can figure out where he lives, I may just go introduce myself.

I suppose you could also go tell a dealer your interested. If there is a good 24 hours between when a truck comes in and the customer takes delivery, maybe you could sneak in a drive.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no dealers will let driving one.
you will be happy knowing your new truck was a testing truck?
Passing by a ram dealership,a TRX was park,so i stopped to look inside and the SP show up,ask for a ride:
This truck was ordered and i cannnot do a drive in a new TRX!

2022 Ruth

Reaction score
I’m not sure what dealer inventory is like where you live but all I can say is absolutely test drive one of these as much as you can. Make sure you can live with it. I test drove mine during a blizzard so all the little clunks coming through the floor and gas pedal were masked due to my attention being on the storm.

Im pretty tolerant and reasonable with flaws with 1 exception. Suspension rattles coming through the floor and steering wheel :)

Good luck!

OP
OP
C

CJitty

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. It's really the larger screen, exhaust control and new suspension that I like about the 3rd gen bur I think the 2nd gen looks better. So I'm on that deciding line.

OP
OP
C

CJitty

Reaction score
I’m not sure what dealer inventory is like where you live but all I can say is absolutely test drive one of these as much as you can. Make sure you can live with it. I test drove mine during a blizzard so all the little clunks coming through the floor and gas pedal were masked due to my attention being on the storm.

Im pretty tolerant and reasonable with flaws with 1 exception. Suspension rattles coming through the floor and steering wheel :)

Good luck!
Whoa that is interesting..this was a 3rd gen??