GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kev Gambrell

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
Anyone know how it looks with polarized sunglasses? How is the outside temp displayed, I know with CarPlay it’s not on the screen, what about the screens home screen ?
Not sure how it looks with polarized sunglasses, but in the past I was unable to see the 12.1" clearly. I have looked at the screen today with matte screen protector on it and I have to say that I am not impressed and it pushes a strong yellow tent. So I would not recommend the Icarez matte screen protector. I will try another product shortly.

As for displaying the outside temperature, I haven't gotten that to work on the screen apps, but have it working when I use Android Auto. I don't see on the home screen, but I am working on it. I need the outside temperature displayed especially when I run trails or bike in remote areas at 6 in the morning. Would be nice to have that convenience before I get on the trail.

Attachments

• 20230203_101341.jpg
    20230203_101341.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230203_101353.jpg
    20230203_101353.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This the first version I've seen thus far that looks like a solid option and seems to integrate seemlessly with the factory software/settings. My question is how is the install? I'm assuming it's just plug and play? Or is there any additional wiring needed? Thanks!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Install is pretty straight forward. I have the older 12.1 version, not too bad. There are install videos around for this particular one.

2016Limited

Reaction score
This the first version I've seen thus far that looks like a solid option and seems to integrate seemlessly with the factory software/settings. My question is how is the install? I'm assuming it's just plug and play? Or is there any additional wiring needed? Thanks!
The install video is in post #8. It's not plug and play. You take apart your old dash cover and move buttons to this unit as well as the APIM.

OP
OP
Kev Gambrell

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video, the install looks to be pretty straight forward. The speaker, microphone and 2 antennas are they all necessary?

2016Limited

Reaction score
Damn!! They dropped the price.
I actually found that lower priced one on Alibaba and the other $900 one was also there. Maybe a copycat account, not sure. It's odd that VikNav would have it posted twice at two different prices. That whole thing seems somewhat shady, but it's probably where Autotechpro is buying them. Buy 10 at a time and resell.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how it looks with polarized sunglasses, but in the past I was unable to see the 12.1" clearly. I have looked at the screen today with matte screen protector on it and I have to say that I am not impressed and it pushes a strong yellow tent. So I would not recommend the Icarez matte screen protector. I will try another product shortly.

As for displaying the outside temperature, I haven't gotten that to work on the screen apps, but have it working when I use Android Auto. I don't see on the home screen, but I am working on it. I need the outside temperature displayed especially when I run trails or bike in remote areas at 6 in the morning. Would be nice to have that convenience before I get on the trail.
Thanks I need that outside air temp too, stupid CarPlay doesn’t have it, it would be nice if our instrument cluster had it. Same reasons for the trails and ice!

Hopefully someone will answer about sunglasses! Agree with most this is the best looking one on the market.