GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrbaird2022

Reaction score
Does the au

I don't like that you're reusing the OEM AC board rather than giving you a new one. That was a pain with the PX6 installation, as buttons and knobs have to line up just right. I believe the new phoenix radio had it's own board. Then again, I have no idea how well the new board works.
I bought an extra "face plate" so I could leave my original control's alone...from e bay less than 100 bux

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm up and running. Install was pretty straight forward w/ exception of the sync 3 connection which ended being a pain. overall about 2hrs.

Initial impressions after about 1hr of play...I F'n love it. I have all my OEM functions and the screen is fast and very responsive. The glare for me is a little much, but it's not enough to make me not love this unit so far.
99% of my usage is going to be AA or Nav, so I doubt I ever push this thing to it's limits. I'll of course report back any issues, but here's some quick thoughts:

- Initial boot up is slow, but every boot since is fast.
- Rear camera not the quickest to pop up, also not terrible.
- I rode heated seats for about 30 min w/ no time out.
- No audio issues, in fact it sounds better. Looking through the DSP, there's a bunch of potential here.
- Full screen AA / Carplay out the box is awesome and full screen maps are something I didn't think I needed. I need to check out this WAZE everyone loves so much.
- Did not install mic / speaker / 4G accessories
- Mic on screen picks up clear audio.
- All the concern about retaining sync 3 and I doubt I ever use it again lol
- AA connects for me whenever I enter the truck.

20230129_143705.jpg20230129_132907.jpg

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait so you have to plug into a separate usb? Its not compatible with the existing usb?

Vik26066

Reaction score
So I'm up and running. Install was pretty straight forward w/ exception of the sync 3 connection which ended being a pain. overall about 2hrs.

Initial impressions after about 1hr of play...I F'n love it. I have all my OEM functions and the screen is fast and very responsive. The glare for me is a little much, but it's not enough to make me not love this unit so far.
99% of my usage is going to be AA or Nav, so I doubt I ever push this thing to it's limits. I'll of course report back any issues, but here's some quick thoughts:

- Initial boot up is slow, but every boot since is fast.
- Rear camera not the quickest to pop up, also not terrible.
- I rode heated seats for about 30 min w/ no time out.
- No audio issues, in fact it sounds better. Looking through the DSP, there's a bunch of potential here.
- Full screen AA / Carplay out the box is awesome and full screen maps are something I didn't think I needed. I need to check out this WAZE everyone loves so much.
- Did not install mic / speaker / 4G accessories
- Mic on screen picks up clear audio.
- All the concern about retaining sync 3 and I doubt I ever use it again lol
- AA connects for me whenever I enter the truck.

View attachment 391255View attachment 391256
Looks amazing!!

Wish mine would ship but Autotech just emailed saying because of the Chinese New Year, it won't ship out until first week of february....Pissed!!

Anyways, could you make a video of the boot up time and rear camera pop up?

Thanks

2016Limited

Reaction score
Factory USB still works, but only w/ sync. If you need to install a software update or watch videos from a usb, you have to plug into the USB going to the unit.
Outstanding. Did your truck have the CD Player also? 2015-2017 F150s have them and I believe Ford deleted them in 2018. I notice in the install video, the Harley Davidson truck did not have the disc changer. My truck does. Does that stay behind in the dash or does it come out?
Also, on the AutoTech website, some of the text looked ghosted in their product photos. Any ghosting that you are seeing of the text? Like the text is doubled up on the glass and down in the display?
Thanks!

27-1200x556.jpg

Last edited:

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding. Did your truck have the CD Player also? 2015-2017 F150s have them and I believe Ford deleted them in 2018. I notice in the install video, the Harley Davidson truck did not have the disc changer. My truck does. Does that stay behind in the dash or does it come out?
Also, on the AutoTech website, some of the text looked ghosted in their product photos. Any ghosting that you are seeing of the text? Like the text is doubled up on the glass and down in the display?
Thanks!

View attachment 391433
No ghosting or issues w the screen at all. Also I got to add that the layout of the reverse screen w the sensor data is very intuitive (at least for me). Feels right.

I didn't have a cd player, but your dash (space wise) should look like this when ready to install. If the cd changer blocks the cpu of the screen, pull it.

Attachments

• 20230129_114035.jpg
    20230129_114035.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 69