GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
I had a 13 inch Pheonix Automotive Android Octacore on back order for almost a year and they have delayed it again. I was looking today at other options and I came across two 14.5 inch screens with Octacore, 8+128 gigabyte memory and high resolution screens.

One is the Autotek Pro Octacore 14.4 inch QHD 2560x1440 with Android 11 ($1,100 with shipping and tax) and the second one was Aliexpress Viknav Octacore 14.5 inch FHD 1980x1080 with Android 12 ($900 with coupons on site and tax). Both retain Ford Sync. I am willing the spend the extra $200 for the QHD screen and the wireless Android Auto and Car Play.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with these systems. They came out I think within the last 4 months.

The Yulu E10 aesthetically and technologically looks like something that came out 5 years ago. The Yulu is Android 10, 12.1 inch screen, HD 1024x768, retains Ford Sync and 6+64 gigabyte memory. It seems way over priced (over $1,300 with tax) for the package. The user interface looks interesting, but one can do that through different free or small fee android based launchers.

AUTOTEC PRO

VIKNAV

YULU E10

I got my refund from Pheonix and ordered the Autotec Pro. Woohaaa!

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the Pheonix 12 incher for a couple years now. I am happy with it, but here's some things I would look for.

- bootup time is crucial. Mine can some times take a minute to load, which is no big deal on long trips, but makes it useless for 2 minute drives.
- related to the above, you need access to the cameras right away. There are stages in the bootup where I can't access camera.
- the software needs to be rather stable. You can probably deal with a few quirks here and there, but they get old rather quick.
- the screen needs to look like it belongs in the truck. You don't want it to look like a tablet stuck to your dash. Being able to change the 'skin' is very important.
- how well do the steering wheel buttons work? For me, they work perfect in some cases, but on some apps, fwd/rev will cause a mute, while in other music apps, it doesn't fwd to the next track etc.
- Pheonix is really bad at customer support. These are rather customized devices and a lot can go wrong, so this is really important.

OP
OP
Kev Gambrell

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
I've had the Pheonix 12 incher for a couple years now. I am happy with it, but here's some things I would look for.
I owned the Rhino PX3 12.1. It was flawed any many ways, but I made due with it by using Sergei software modification. After owning it for about a year and half the screen went black. The software was never stable on the Chinese version and when I toggled between Sync 3 and Android I always encountered audio problems.

I used it mainly for off road traveling purposes like navigating Black Bear Pass, White Rim Moab and so on. I think the new large high resolution screen will be perfect for using off-road apps. Never the less, I expect glitches and bugs, but as I did with the PX3, I mostly worked through it. I have no problem experimenting and working through problems, so I look forward to the challenge. The few reviews I have read on both systems seem to be that they work well. I will let people know how it works out as I go through the process of installing and adjusting.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One other thing to look out for is the screen itself. Most tablets don't handle glare well and glare is particularly bad on an infotainment screen. I've also noticed that the PX6 is pretty much black out when viewed through sunglasses. I believe this has to do with polarity. You can get anti-glare screen films to fix these issues, but that also diminishes the resolution of the screen.

Anyway, it would be nice if the screen was actually built for a auto environment rather than a general tablet screen.