GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll of course report back any issues, but here's some quick thoughts:

View attachment 391255View attachment 391256
After a full week and feeling pretty adjusted to the new screen, the only issue I have is steering wheel controls are finicky.

Volume up/ down always work, but track back/ fwd prompt a rewind/ fast fwd action instead half the time.

This is using android auto (mostly Apple music, not as much w/ tidal). I need to see if it still is a issue streaming straight from the screen.

In the grand scheme of things, if this remains a problem, oh well. Steering wheel control integration has always been shaky imo.

I also bought the the screen protector OP posted. I'm going to install and hope I can deal. Other anti glare options seem to have the same issues. The glare for me, once you see it, you can't un-see it lol

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So hiw long do you have to wait to use the backup cam? Stock is nearly instant .

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Idk who took that video but they speed it up. You can hear the chimes playing at 1.5 times speed and its 20 seconds long. Not really a good sign.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk who took that video but they speed it up. You can hear the chimes playing at 1.5 times speed and its 20 seconds long. Not really a good sign.
I shot/ uploaded the video. 1st vid stopped when Android Auto connected. 2nd vid started after it connected.

Also my typical boot times are faster than that vid, that's worst case. You're looking at 5-10 secs after you hit the start button for it to be ready!

Camera won't work (at least for me) until unit fully boots (5-10 sec)

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also bought the the screen protector OP posted. I'm going to install and hope I can deal. Other anti glare options seem to have the same issues. The glare for me, once you see it, you can't un-see it lol
I think I'll be good w this screen protector. Colors definitely muted, but I'm not experiencing and hues and glare is considerable reduced. No touch issues.

Both pics sunroof open / cloudy day.

Attachments

• 20230130_151128.jpg
    20230130_151128.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230205_113503.jpg
    20230205_113503.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
Kev Gambrell

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
Thats exactly what i was thinking.I would love to find one of these Chinese android units with a front\rear and sub out clean 5v pre out.
Use the PAC AP4-FD31.

or nav-tv zen a2b

A good video for the PAC AP4 is

Last edited: