Tesla dropped Price, Others to follow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know that specialty vehicles will see a price drop or even be sold at MSRP unless inventory becomes abundant but I do think dealers will start to deal on standard run of the mill vehicles. A friend of mine owns the local Chevy dealership and he was saying used cars slowed way down (he guessed interest rates caused a lot of that). And new vehicles are starting to land more frequently and aren't flying off the lot. At one point there was a 6-12 month wait for the 1500's with the little Duramax and now he has a few in stock. He said this year looks pretty grim but he doesn't see C8's going for MSRP anytime soon.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the tax credit applying to the Tesla’s and the price drop they’ll probably sell a lot. The value of the used cars probably plummeted overnight too. My wife loves her PHEV Volvo and has no desire to get an all electric car. If Ford made the Lightning as a PHEV I’d purchase one.

leadedfoot99

Reaction score
Ford priced the Raptor R correctly. They are not responsible for anyone paying over sticker, or paying 9% APR for 84 months. AT $111K my R is a great price. For 150K there are better options out there. Unlike Tesla, Ford has some supply chain issues, Ford is notorious cheap, which is why suppliers are magically prioritizing other brands. I do think we will see the low package Raptor back in 2024/25 when things slow up even more.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Markups on the R will go away, if Ford increases production and keeps the truck coming for the next 2-3 model years.
With the current interest rates, the 110k price point isn't for everyone.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Markups on the R will go away, if Ford increases production and keeps the truck coming for the next 2-3 model years.
With the current interest rates, the 110k price point isn't for everyone.
But many (dare say most) buying $110K plus vehicle aren't as worried about interest rates. I just hope an allocation in 24 opens from my dealer. Even with ADM everyone will sell. It's a money honey hole for Ford and they will pump them out and reap the profits (as will dealers).

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But many (dare say most) buying $110K plus vehicle aren't as worried about interest rates. I just hope an allocation in 24 opens from my dealer. Even with ADM everyone will sell. It's a money honey hole for Ford and they will pump them out and reap the profits (as will dealers).
Yeah true, not the interest rates alone.. but plus: general economy, gas prices and no SCAB (haha) - that is for sure narrowing the potential buyers.. Of course, with the given production numbers, the demand still dramatically outperforms the inventory. So the only thing that will make a real difference is higher production numbers in the next model years.