GEN 2 TerribleONE's 2020 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well then..

Explain deavers and springs and what do you man by +3s. The 3s are the 3.0 version of the springs correct?

OP
OP
TerribleONE

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then..

Explain deavers and springs and what do you man by +3s. The 3s are the 3.0 version of the springs correct?
+3 deavers are the leaf springs. They give you 1" of extra height after removing the factory block compared to the stock leaf springs. Geisers are the aftermarket front coil springs I was running before I switched.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha, understand now.

Welp, all of that sounds like $5,000+

My pockets are full of butterflies. :33:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The deaver numbers can be confusing. Our trucks use a 2” block under the oem spring. The +2 deavers are stock height as you remove the block. In essence the +2 deaver springs give 2” more lift when compared to the oem spring.

It is actually beyond comprehension as to why ford used a block and ****** springs in the rear. It is literally the worst aspect of the gen 2 and the deavers 90% solve the inherent issues of the oem setup. You will never get to 100% IMO as, well, we are dealing with leaf springs.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
No trash pano roof here... found my unicorn 802A without

No trash pano roof here... found my unicorn 802A without it.

I SEARCHED high and low..... couldn't find a 802a without the roof. And let me tell ya...…. I will NEVER have another Pano roof. They've replaced the magazine twice now! Has spent apx 6 weeks in the shop JUST FOR THE ROOF! Never again!!!

OP
OP
TerribleONE

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see

Have the truck back and have hit the dirt twice already. Will try and post some pics and impressions soon but I am LOVING it.

I SEARCHED high and low..... couldn't find a 802a without the roof. And let me tell ya...…. I will NEVER have another Pano roof. They've replaced the magazine twice now! Has spent apx 6 weeks in the shop JUST FOR THE ROOF! Never again!!!

I don't blame you... Have heard that from a lot of people. I am really glad I was able to find one without it.

GraniteRiver

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you liking the mid travel vs your setup before? I just dropped my truck off at SVC this week for full suspension short of mid travel with the FRS 3.0's. It was a tough choice to not go full mid travel, and if I end up keeping to over the '22 I have ordered, full travel will be next down the road.