Terrain Management troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 with 3200 miles on it. Within the past 5 months I put Eibach leveling springs on the front. I have not had the ride height sensors recalibrated. I drive mostly/ only in Sport Mode. I’m visiting a friend currently and driving on WV back roads( washboard/ potholes). For just a moment I got the TM unavailable prompt, it went away and hasn’t came back since. Would not having ride height sensors recalibrated contributed to the prompt? I do not have Forscan nor the smarts to use it, if I did.

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Well I finally found my issue. The wiring harness to the power steering unit was starting to short. It was rubbing on the shock tower. Started causing intermittent shorts which would cause TM to not be available. Weird thing was it threw no error codes. Dealer couldn’t find it.
Then one day I accelerated from a stop and heard a huge pop/bang/explosion, and all kinds of error messages came on my screen and I completely lost power steering.
The noise was the 125 amp fusible link blowing. Dealer still hadn’t a clue, but I was very fortunate that a couple of experts from a company that makes electronic components for our Raptors happened to be in town and actually volunteered to stop by the dealer and look at my truck. They found the issue in about an hour or so. The harness was obviously bad, and a buss on the PDB was bad.
Dealer wanted $7K parts and labor to fix it.
Instead I had the truck towed to HM where my suspension was done. They just used a different buss on the PDB, and ordered me a new harness. They had me fixed up in no time and my truck is running perfect again.
I was very fortunate to get some great customer service!!!