Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Tepui Tent

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Red GSXR, May 20, 2020.

1. Red GSXR

Red GSXR Member

Has anybody mounted a tepui kukenam 4 tent on their bed? I am thinking about yakima outpost and retrax pro xr cover.

I am worried about the weight allowance of the yakima adapters and also the tent hanging over tail gate.

https://tepui.com/products/ruggedized-series-kukenam-4

The specs show
    Size (Closed) 72" x 48" x 12" (W x L x H)

Thanks in advance.

2. 17Fiddy

17Fiddy Member

I’ve got the xl smittybilt tent. It hangs past the tailgate a bit. Hasn’t bothered us any.

3. cjs

cjs Member

I have the autana 4 with annex mounted on my truck, which is the same size as the kukenam. Yeah it hangs over a little bit, but we usually don't notice. I did get the non-ruggedized version to make it a little lighter to take on and off. It's been solid mounted on frontrunner load bars on some rails I added to my diamondback cover.

IMG_2287.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

Red GSXR, amREADY and Ciqir like this.
  4. amREADY

amREADY Full Access Member

Great setup. That was the way I was going to go, but ended up going Retrax for easier access to the bed. Trade off is less strong, less watertight, and encroaches on useable space below. It was a tough decision.

5. amREADY

amREADY Full Access Member

I went with an Autana 3 ruggedized and the retrax/Yak overhaul hd adjustable. In order to reduce torque on the rack attachment, I run it at it's lowest height. Not sure how much difference it makes, but has to make a little bit. As a result, I am running at or just above the offroad capacity of those racks/adapters/rails. It feels rock solid and even on a rough trail there is zero play or movement in the setup.

As far as the 4 sticking out, it is a consideration for sure. If you are mounting it low like that, you'll lose the ability to stake out one of the windows with the spring poles. I am right on the limit of clearance for mine at 18".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red GSXR likes this.