Tent set ups for Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I have a pretty good overland set up with an iKamper Mini sitting flush with roof mounted on a diamond back cover and a brand new www.pullkitchen.com mounted under the cover. Recently purchased a topper so I will be selling the tent and pull out kitchen. Can be picked in in Jacksonville area or I can arrange delivery.

I like the iKamper since it is a hard top clamshell that opens and closed in under two minutes. Durable and warm and strong fabric.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Here is my overland set up with my iKamper mini RTT - roof top tent.

Attachments

• r0n3G0RVQCmfFEuy4IKBwg.jpg
    r0n3G0RVQCmfFEuy4IKBwg.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 6773tAfYTtGmWp6RG5FNwA.jpg
    6773tAfYTtGmWp6RG5FNwA.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 70
  • CsTix3KnQIiFPJSo6slVlw.jpg
    CsTix3KnQIiFPJSo6slVlw.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 3iA2FP4kR02SNHTCMFcHiQ.jpg
    3iA2FP4kR02SNHTCMFcHiQ.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 72

Bruichladdie

Reaction score
I originally had an Ikamper Skycamp 2.0 on top of an RSI Smartcap but it scared the shit out of me. It would porpoise above 70 and I thought it was going to fly off. Also thought the RSI would shake apart on washboards.

Swapped it up and went with a GFC set up and I have beat the shit out of it and no issues at all. Getting in and out is a lot easier now as well.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've got all kinds of tents in stock from ROAM and iKamper for anyone who joins this thread looking for a RTT. We have great prices on iKamper's right now as well.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I was using the iKamper mini mounted on Front Runner rails on a Diamond back cover. Tent sits about an inch over the cab roof and within the bed foot print. With the tent on the 8 inch towers I can see straight back on the rear view mirrors. It parks nicely in parking garages. Maybe selling this set up as I am using a Scout Olympic now.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1722.jpeg
    IMG_1722.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 26