GEN 2 Temporary Raptor Replacement - What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could sell your Raptor for a lot, what would you drive for 12-24 months while you wait for the Gen 3?

Has to be under $60k, snow-drivable, preferably performance-oriented (I'm flexible), and not a model that will depreciate away the extra positive equity gained. Oh, and not a truck. The Raptor is the only truck I'm into.

Back story... I've got a 2018 SCREW with most of the options. I've had plenty of positive equity since I bought it but in the current market trade values have jumped $7-10k. I'm waiting on an offer from a dealer I have a connection with and wondering what to do if I get an offer I can't refuse. I like the idea of pocketing an extra $10k to add to money down on a Gen 3. Problem is, Gen 3s are a ways off.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your yearly miles and situation, could find a 0% down lease offer and drive something "ok" for a while, then invest the ~7-10K from the Raptor (plus whatever else you plan to put down) for the interim.