Tech Question - Traction Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got sideways the other day getting onto the freeway in the rain.. I never felt the traction control kick in so I quickly let off the gas and counter steered ... Since then I have be cautious in my Raptor on and off freeway ramps when its raining. I a bit bumped about that.. the sensors should work better than that.

its supposed to rain. Im going to find a big parking lot to test out the traction by making sweeping turns.. I just need do know when it will work, else im always wondering..

btw: those videos are crazy...

OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Thanks FSM - that's the info I was looking for.

Like I said originally - this happens at higher speeds, and straight line accelleration so no need for RSC to kick in. Good to know it's normal.

As for the RSC, I was in a situation where I went sideways at 65mph because the roads were snow covered and icy (and I was accelerating). As I started the fishtail with the ass end going left, the left front ABS kicked in to set me straight. It sort of worked, however that occurrence is not something a driver expects all the time.

I'd recommend everyone find a place to safely play with the truck, and test it on high and low speed manouvres so you know how it will try and react. Like Droid said, it can be lenient - however it's up to each driver to know what the range is on slippery conditions so you don't overbrake etc.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got sideways the other day getting onto the freeway in the rain.. I never felt the traction control kick in so I quickly let off the gas and counter steered ... Since then I have be cautious in my Raptor on and off freeway ramps when its raining. I a bit bumped about that.. the sensors should work better than that.

its supposed to rain. Im going to find a big parking lot to test out the traction by making sweeping turns.. I just need do know when it will work, else im always wondering..

btw: those videos are crazy...

Roll Stability Control is designed for situations that are "extreme" and beyond a driver's control. You were in a situation that apparently was within your control. You let off and counter steered to correct the condition. Trust me when I say, that when you get into a situation that requires RSC, you will have to clean your shorts.

FSM06