Tariff on Steel Front bumper/ Canadian-made

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by raptoronaraptoronaraptor, Jan 24, 2015.

1. raptoronaraptoronaraptor

raptoronaraptoronaraptor Member

I live in Whistler, BC, Canada, Are there any steel front bumpers made in Canada for the Raptor that you know of?

If you bought one from USA, how much did the tariff cost coming across the bumper to Canada??? If it isn't much ill buy a nice one from the states.

I sincerely thank you for you help.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Mad Frog Mattis

3. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Dude, there's no duty on American made products for your personal use for vehicles. You just pay the sales tax at the border . Drive down yourself and pick it up across the border in Blaine. I do this all the time. Most of the time they just let me through and I don't even pay tax's. Be honest though and have the receipt with you (on your phone is good enough). Depending on the state you order the parts from, they shouldn't charge there own sales tax either as it is "out of state sale, exempt from sales tax".

4. HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD aka <b>Wreckless117</b>

This^^

I've had a few canadian customers have a U.S. address to ship to and then they cross the border to pick it up.

What kind of front bumper you looking for? We carry SVCs line of products and they have one of the best fitting, looking, and functional bumpers you can get. Let me know if you would like a quote!

[​IMG]

-Joseph Haynes

5. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I'll also add, that if you pick up in Blaine, use "Blaine Enterprises" for your depot, they even have a forklift for heavy objects such as bumpers, etc. It's the place I use anyway, but there are others.

6. GabAlmighty

GabAlmighty Full Access Member

Cheapest is Pic It Up Sumas. And the border is a smaller out there so it's less hassle sometimes.

If you're going to have it shipped to your door don't use UPS, you'll have a nice bill waiting on the electronic thingy you sign on.