Talked out of buying a 2021 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we got off on a tangent here, but the point is no one knows what is going to happen to the raptor market. It is not a “free market” anymore as the ink doesn’t dry before market fundamentals are changed. Buying a raptor, like any luxury good that performs well beyond bare necessity is an emotional decision. Don’t try to make it practical. If it is the best use of your funds, just do it with or without ADM.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know we got off on a tangent here, but the point is no one knows what is going to happen to the raptor market. It is not a “free market” anymore as the ink doesn’t dry before market fundamentals are changed. Buying a raptor, like any luxury good that performs well beyond bare necessity is an emotional decision. Don’t try to make it practical. If it is the best use of your funds, just do it with or without ADM.

No one buys a Raptor and be like aw man.. that gas mileage...

oh... wait. Nvm.

Exactly though, if you can get one get it and if not, go ahead and get yourself a Tacoma/4runner/

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score

oh... wait. Nvm.

Exactly though, if you can get one get it and if not, go ahead and get yourself a Tacoma/4runner/
Haha I guess I’m the only one that finds the gas mileage rough. I snag the girls outback to offset it sometimes.

BigDave75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid a 5k ADM on my 22 order but didn’t blink because I sold my Diesel Denali for 10k more than blue book. It all comes out in the wash. ( Except I don’t currently have a truck!)

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ADM paid went to Ford in recognition of the insane hoops and challenges that the pandemic and chip shortage presented to them then I might be able to jump through the logical hoops to justify paying it (supply and demand), however the dealers are using this situation to extort their customers despite their only accomplishment being 'we got an allocation'.

Vote with your money, don't pay ADM
Normally I would agree with this sentiment, but I’m guessing the sales side of dealerships have been hit hard with covid. Doubt they are rolling in profits from new car and truck sales. The dealers around me in TX look like empty parking lots.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score

oh... wait. Nvm.

I consider all cost of purchases. To not would to be emotional about material things and that’s a big no no in my book.