Talked myself into a Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blaiseam

blaiseam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you want to jump feet first, Texas Raptor Run is next weekend in Blackwell, Texas.

If you're on FaceBook join Central Texas Raptors(less active) and San Antonio Raptor Owners(more active) and you'll have a good connection to local guys that actually Raptor their Raptors! We have a monthly meetup in Dale, Texas just southeast of Austin to run the Rally Ready track and hang out. This was a couple weeks ago.

Nathan

View attachment 357074

Will be joining both groups thank you! And I'm SO bumped that I'm out of town that weekend, I've been looking forward to doing a TRR since like 2018. Strongly considering Marfa or Baja if I can get the truck prepped in time!

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, found a pretty good deal (given the times were in) on a 2014 with 58k miles and only 1 previous owner. I have driven plenty of trucks, but have never owned one and I couldn't be happier.

The truck is 100% bone stock, no rust, and doesn't look to have ever been modified. I still have a gen 3 on order, but with the price of this plus some serious suspension mods (someone please talk me out of this), I'll still have money left over.

First things on the to-do list:
- Amber mirror delete
- Short Antenna (on the drive home the long antenna was driving me nuts in my field of vision)
- Lights and 50w radio (want to go on some raptor runs ASAP)
Nice buy! If I. Could've found a 14 I would've but love my 6.2 2010 SCAB. spend the $$ on the suspension and a SVC rear bumper and dovetail it. You won't regret it.

OP
OP
blaiseam

blaiseam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice buy! If I. Could've found a 14 I would've but love my 6.2 2010 SCAB. spend the $$ on the suspension and a SVC rear bumper and dovetail it. You won't regret it.

the RPG rear raceline bumper with dovetail is already in the plan. My problem is figuring out what do to first for max benefits, thinking of getting the stock 2.5's re-built and adding some deavers and bumpstop

Roscoe968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a really clean find! Welcome and I like that you're actually going to use the Raptor for what it was intended for.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting the stock 2.5's re-built and adding some deavers and bumpstop

This and a set of Geisers for the front is a great setup for most situations on and offroad that doesn't require anything special or custom.