Talk me out of these lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a 30" S-8 on my truck. It puts out a lot of light. I would'nt use amber lense on the whole thing. Are you thinking amber on just the middle lens maybe?

The other option im looking at are these. Clear lens is the center with two amber outer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah so run 6 cube lights in the center. Like my pic. I have 8 cubes curved centered following the contour of the bumper. There looks to be 3 angles on the nose of that bumper a simple flat bracket the is the same shape that the cubes can mount in to would be sweet!

8C12D1E4-F51D-4CEA-A0DD-EDBC69DD6E70.jpeg

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk me out of them then lol

With, you know... reasons

I mean just trying to help you out.

They are good lights. I’d look into them, the rigids posted above, or the rigid midnights specialty performance just put on sale. Might look cool if all the bumper lights are blackout

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going off of just the specs that would be a better bet. I'm adding a 20" ONX6 and I know it puts out more lumens than the 30" S-8. I would think the three separate bars would work well with the different lense options.

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so run 6 cube lights in the center. Like my pic. I have 8 cubes curved centered following the contour of the bumper. There looks to be 3 angles on the nose of that bumper a simple flat bracket the is the same shape that the cubes can mount in to would be sweet!

View attachment 155799
I'll send SVC another email and see the dimensions and measure my current setup to see how far they would stick out. I'd rather it follow the lines a bit better. I see how Ken Block did his raptor with the rigid adapt lights.
The simple fix is to just get a light bar and sell my old setup to my buddy for his raptor lol

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll send SVC another email and see the dimensions and measure my current setup to see how far they would stick out. I'd rather it follow the lines a bit better. I see how Ken Block did his raptor with the rigid adapt lights.
The simple fix is to just get a light bar and sell my old setup to my buddy for his raptor lol

Basically the idea is to backseat the light mount and pivot the rigid light mount so the bolt is horizontal. The cube face could then sit Flush with the bumper face. Just depends on how tall the opening is there.

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean just trying to help you out.

They are good lights. I’d look into them, the rigids posted above, or the rigid midnights specialty performance just put on sale. Might look cool if all the bumper lights are blackout
I like the blackout look of the midnights, but I'm only seeing spot beam pattern in the blackout look. I'll do some more digging though but idk. I'll want a driving pattern

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically the idea is to backseat the light mount and pivot the rigid light mount so the bolt is horizontal. The cube face could then sit Flush with the bumper face. Just depends on how tall the opening is there.
The other issue i run into is that all my current cubes are spot pattern, so can't really have them on without getting flashed by oncoming traffic.
I would like some more output for city driving and backroads without having to click an upfitter switch off and on every 30 seconds haha
I could probably swap the lenses easy enough but I am kinda set on swapping to a light bar. With the backlight on the S8, its also more subtle then the radiance scene setup

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The other issue i run into is that all my current cubes are spot pattern, so can't really have them on without getting flashed by oncoming traffic.
I would like some more output for city driving and backroads without having to click an upfitter switch off and on every 30 seconds haha
I could probably swap the lenses easy enough but I am kinda set on swapping to a light bar. With the backlight on the S8, its also more subtle then the radiance scene setup

Well you could wire up the 6 in sections and since they would create a “curve” you would achieve a flood of light.

but fine be boring and go with the easy route and do the single bar....lol Jkjk either way it will look sick.

I will say I am a huge fan of the amber light and lenses the black is cool but The amber lenses just pop!