Talk me into or out of aftermarket Front Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duracell24

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for opinions.

I have a 2019. 95% of the time it serves as my daily back and forth to work. Love how it rides stock with the exception of the occasional moment when the rear gets skittish on the highway.

However, a few times a year I load it up pretty well....hunting trip out west, camping trip w/a RTT, helping some buddies out moving, some real estate fixing up I do on the side.

I am pretty dead set on doing Deavers for the rear. Leaning hard towards the +2 HD's. I plan on keeping the stock beadlock tires on forever (no need for 37s in my case). The stock rake doesn't bother me, but maybe my mind would be changed if i saw one leveled.

Talk me into or out of getting Eibach Front Springs and then just doing the Deaver +3 HD's in the rear instead of the +2. By my estimation, replacing the front springs will cost me an extra $500-$600 in parts and an alignment. I don't want to just throw away that money for something I'll never see the benefit of. At the same time, I also don't want to go cheap and regret it later if the Eibach fronts with Deaver +3's really are worth it.

Anyone go one way and wish they had gone the other? I said Eibach and not Geiser based on some research I've done on the forum about the feel of both. I realize the Eibach's are linear but they seem to get good reviews for the price.

Thanks!

shayneraptor

Reaction score
Just did Eibachs and love them. Truck feels more "planted" in corners and braking (less dive). Truck is a little out of level right now, but Eibachs have not settled in. I have not noticed a harder from stock ride up front. Now I just need to get Deaver +3 for the rear. Having the truck leveled makes me want a bit of rake.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did Eibachs and love them. Truck feels more "planted" in corners and braking (less dive). Truck is a little out of level right now, but Eibachs have not settled in. I have not noticed a harder from stock ride up front. Now I just need to get Deaver +3 for the rear. Having the truck leveled makes me want a bit of rake.

Exactly my experience having done Eibachs a couple weeks ago. Definitely a bit firmer comfort-wise, but handling / braking characteristics are waaay tighter. I lowered my front tire cold PSI to 36 which helped plush it out a bit.

I was .25" higher on the front driverside and .5" higher on the front passenger side after ~100 miles. I'm right at about 500 miles now, the springs haven't settled much. Hoping they settle more, I've heard they do from some folks and they don't from others. To the untrained eye nobody can really tell it's nose high but you know how it goes with us forum junkies. That front end high look will eventually push me to upgrade my leaf pack to get a smidge of rake back. From what I hear deavers are another big time noticeable upgrade in driving characteristics.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for opinions.

I have a 2019. 95% of the time it serves as my daily back and forth to work. Love how it rides stock with the exception of the occasional moment when the rear gets skittish on the highway.

However, a few times a year I load it up pretty well....hunting trip out west, camping trip w/a RTT, helping some buddies out moving, some real estate fixing up I do on the side.

I am pretty dead set on doing Deavers for the rear. Leaning hard towards the +2 HD's. I plan on keeping the stock beadlock tires on forever (no need for 37s in my case). The stock rake doesn't bother me, but maybe my mind would be changed if i saw one leveled.

Talk me into or out of getting Eibach Front Springs and then just doing the Deaver +3 HD's in the rear instead of the +2. By my estimation, replacing the front springs will cost me an extra $500-$600 in parts and an alignment. I don't want to just throw away that money for something I'll never see the benefit of. At the same time, I also don't want to go cheap and regret it later if the Eibach fronts with Deaver +3's really are worth it.

Anyone go one way and wish they had gone the other? I said Eibach and not Geiser based on some research I've done on the forum about the feel of both. I realize the Eibach's are linear but they seem to get good reviews for the price.

Thanks!

https://www.neo-garage.com/collections/2017-ford-raptor/products/eibach-pro-lift-front-springs

A tiny savings with a sale on right now if you decide to go that direction

https://www.apollo-optics.com/produ...rings-2017-2019-raptor?variant=19620853776487

Heard Neo’s was out of these. Nick and Apollo-Optics has em for the same sale price.

Last edited:

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By my estimation, replacing the front springs will cost me an extra $500-$600 in parts and an alignment.
Out of curiosity, where are you coming up with those numbers? Is that including the price to have someone install them for you? Going off of your "parts and aligment" quote, the parts are basically $200, so that's saying an alignment is going to cost you $300-$400!?! I must be missing something...

The reason I ask is that I'm considering getting the Eibachs also, and I'm wondering if I've overlooked something.

Sidewayz

Reaction score
I did the eibachs and love them. My only issue is a drive control malfunction error started happening due to the ride height sensor. Now I am fighting with the stealership to get it fixed since they know it was leveled..ugh

OP
OP
D

duracell24

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where are you coming up with those numbers? Is that including the price to have someone install them for you? Going off of your "parts and aligment" quote, the parts are basically $200, so that's saying an alignment is going to cost you $300-$400!?! I must be missing something...

The reason I ask is that I'm considering getting the Eibachs also, and I'm wondering if I've overlooked something.

$202 currently shipped for the Springs. I'm getting quoted $200 for install and $150 for an alignment. So $550 total. Happy for someone to tell me this is a jacked up quote. I'm in the Northern VA area.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the eibachs and love them. My only issue is a drive control malfunction error started happening due to the ride height sensor. Now I am fighting with the stealership to get it fixed since they know it was leveled..ugh
Can you give more info here. What do you mean that a "drive control malfunction error started happening due to the ride height sensor"? What is the ride height sensor sensing? Clearly you're not the only person that has changed the ride height by putting on different springs, so what's going on with the sensor?

And, what do you mean they "know it was leveled"? Even if they didn't know, and you brought it in, I'm sure they'd be able to tell (by the difference in height, as well as the different color springs), right?

$202 currently shipped for the Springs. I'm getting quoted $200 for install and $150 for an alignment. So $550 total. Happy for someone to tell me this is a jacked up quote. I'm in the Northern VA area.
Ahh, yes, it was the installation I wasn't accounting for. I was thinking you meant *JUST* parts and alignment!

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am like Duracell24, I also have a bed rack and a RTT with all the gears in the bed. I was thinking doing a set of Deaver +3HD in back. But can decide what's up front, Eibachs or Geiser? I know the Geiser is more $ but they are also progressive spring. Does anyone out there has any of those combination installed on their truck and how it rides after the install? Any deals on the Deavers out there?