Taking raptor in for warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuppelmant10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am finally taking my 2018 raptor 802A with 18k miles in for warranty work, and I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything that I want them to check. Below is what I have so far, if there is anything else I should have them look add, please add to the thread.

• cracked push to start
  • center console lid not retracting
  • freeze latch
  • internal condensation on Tail lights and clearance lights
  • harsh upshift (OP# 182274A PCM)
  • Cabin moisture in passenger carpet
  • A/c smells sours upon startup
  • Rattles under truck when accelerating from a stop (possible exhaust/turbo loose)
If there is anything else I should know, please add.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rattling from a start might be your iwe's. Have you had any cam phaser noise on start up? Look under your truck for any leaks on the drivetrain and shocks. God speed!

Billybob454ss

Reaction score
i just got my 18 Raptor back from Ford had the cam phaser job done under warranty, had a knock on start up
and the truck burned lots off oil
and was missing a bolt holding a skid plate under the truck

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never experienced the sour AC smell until reading a post on here about it. :confused: :mad:

My 2018 was built before the Aug date mentioned in the TSB and I do not have water/dampness on my passenger side floor.

Is there a solution under warranty for early 2018 trucks with sour AC?

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Vet your dealer. Some service departments are great. Many, if not most, are not good. It's worth driving an hour farther to a good one.

I totally agree, havent even given the local service dept a chance since the one I purchased from has been stellar so far.

OP
OP
cuppelmant10

cuppelmant10

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Dealer did an oil consumption test, and after the truck burned 0.8 qts in 1,000 miles. The service rep told me that this is normal and still within Ford’s range of normal consumption of oil. I find this to be excessive as that would be 6 qts burned after 7,500 miles!! I’m I crazy or is Ford giving me the run around on warrant work?