taking delivery of new '18 w/ pano roof - should I be concerned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I am taking delivery of a new '18 Raptor, should I be overly concerned w/ the sunroof leaking/failing? Read some complaints online not sure if it is a super common theme or more isolated?

Is this covered in the extended warranty?

If I don't retract it & simply use the vent function would that be enough to avoid any issues down the road when the truck is out of warranty?

I do like the open air feeling & look of the moonroof.

Would tinting the sunroof help/hurt the problem? Would it void the warranty of the sunroof?

Should I simply pull the fuse for the sunroof entirely when I get it, tint it, & just avoid using it altogether?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you should not be concerned and just enjoy your truck.

My last 4 cars have all had a panoramic sunroof, and never an issue. 14 explorer sport, 15 audi sq5, 18 explorer sport, 18 raptor.

Don't over think it.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last 2 Ford had panoramic sunroof. no leaks. did have to have raptor tracks greased due to a rattle but now that's gone. grease was under warranty.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies eases my concerns - I agree probably overthinking, but decide to opt for the the 5 year 100k extended warranty. Seems like decent deal for the price, esp. since the truck will still be worth decent coin @ 5 years 95k.

Only mods I planned on doing to it were the 1.5" collar level kit, tinted sunroof/windows. Tune is tempting but concerned w/ warranty (unless they don't notice a flash)

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has also broken 2X its the plastic they get bridle from the heat and not being used as much.
So would you recommend not getting one w/ a sunroof then? If you had to do it all over again would you not opted for no sunroof?

I could still back out of the deal I’d imagine- or swap for one without a sunroof

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still like the sunroof. I rarely open mine. But the wife enjoys the view. Mostly just pop open the vent and rear glass when I smoke my cigars.