Tailgate step issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested removing the tailgate's inside panel.

I assume you can access the mechanism once you've removed the star/torx head screws holding it on.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can. and most likely the problem is the tracks are dirty. open it up and wash all the dirt and dust from the inside. i noticed my step a bit difficult to pull out after a while. it turned out there was too much sand and dirt in the track the step runs in. after i cleaned it, it worked like new.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine got stuck after a trip to the coast & I have since learned to open it & clean thoroughly when I wash the truck.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are y'all just pulling the step out and spraying water in there? Any risk of damaging the camera?

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Slight issue with pulling cover. I had the stripper pole removed and covered with stock plate that I then lineX'd in place, looks like I have some surgery to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks bud. I'll have to spray in there lightly the next time I wash.