Tailgate removal & back-up camera replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about running without my tailgate. My bedrack goes throughout the entirety of the bed plus I could do without the added weight. Has anyone done this and installed a replacement rear camera? I saw some guy on a run with one similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YBRLKPX/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
I'm more concerned with the wiring and getting the camera to function correctly on the screen. Any advice out there? Thanks

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I looked as Rostra relocation kit but it was out of stock. My Ford Parts dealer sold me an OEM Camera and Harness. I purchased a housing online (needed to modify and use super glue) The set up works on the OEM display but you lose the alignment lines. Dealer can recalibrate but its about $160.00 each time. My camera is on the camper. I didn't bother to recalibrate since I'm switch out the camper and tailgate from time to time. Bottom line, it works for me.