Tailgate Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there no tailgate release button inside the cab? Saw one on F-250 so looked in my truck for and didn't see it.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too was shocked that there was no way to release the tailgate from inside the cabin. As far as that kit goes, would it require the vehicle to be in the "on" position for it to work since the upfitter switches are not active when the vehicle is off?

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like having it on the remote and watching it drop down from the outside just in case I’m too close to my house or another vehicle etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too was shocked that there was no way to release the tailgate from inside the cabin. As far as that kit goes, would it require the vehicle to be in the "on" position for it to work since the upfitter switches are not active when the vehicle is off?

Yes, unless you wire the upfitters to have always on power. Thats a separate mod.