Tailgate Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U-235

Reaction score
Help please. I see the option to order the power tailgate includes the tailgate work surface and step.
What does the standard tailgate look like open? I assume it does not have the step.

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No step on the standard tailgate. It looks like a regular tailgate. The step is internal and folds out of the "step tailgate". I believe all the tailgates can be lowered with the key fob, the power tailgate allows you to raise it with the key fob as well.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No step on the standard tailgate. It looks like a regular tailgate. The step is internal and folds out of the "step tailgate". I believe all the tailgates can be lowered with the key fob, the power tailgate allows you to raise it with the key fob as well.
I played with a 21 f150 at work, I believe it's only power tailgate on key fob option. I think if u don't have power tailgate it's only assist down from the button on the tailgate no other functions open the tailgate. It does lock and unlock from fob like previous models. Unless raptors are specific different then 21 f150s

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I played with a 21 f150 at work, I believe it's only power tailgate on key fob option. I think if u don't have power tailgate it's only assist down from the button on the tailgate no other functions open the tailgate. It does lock and unlock from fob like previous models. Unless raptors are specific different then 21 f150s
The standard 800A package includes key fob tailgate release. I just bought my son a 2021 XLT F-150 and it has key fob tailgate release. There is also a button inside the truck left of the steering wheel above the headlight controls that will lower the tailgate as well.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The standard 800A package includes key fob tailgate release. I just bought my son a 2021 XLT F-150 and it has key fob tailgate release. There is also a button inside the truck left of the steering wheel above the headlight controls that will lower the tailgate as well.
Thanks for confirming that, I couldn't remember fully we only have seen one 21 f150 platinum powerboost in so I couldn't remember I know that one had power but the fleet truck base model I forgot