Tailgate protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vertical

Reaction score
image.jpgI’m curious whether the factory spray liner is different than the one I had done at the dealer. The bed itself is fine but there’s too much exposed paint on the tailgate. The first thing you slide in scratches the paint. Anyone see the same or have any solutions?

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
View attachment 324728I’m curious whether the factory spray liner is different than the one I had done at the dealer. The bed itself is fine but there’s too much exposed paint on the tailgate. The first thing you slide in scratches the paint. Anyone see the same or have any solutions?
I'm wondering why they didn't take the plastic part off and spray the tailgate then reinstall?

OP
OP
V

vertical

Reaction score
Exactly my thought. That's why I was wondering if the factory sprayed the tailgate as well as the bed. I thought of film as well but am worried that it will just peel off with a piece that small. Does anyone know if the gate is aluminum so it's just a cosmetic issue?

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be asking for my money back if I paid for liner and they didn’t do the tailgate. They should have taken the plastic trims off and sprayed the metal!

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
Mine came with the tailgate spray from factor. I’m not impressed with factory liner at all. I have a bed rug and had a loose corner. I had some 3M tape left over so went to replace the old tape. The problem was not the Velcro coming loose but the liner pulled off the paint. No damage to paint but a good section of the liner is missing now.