Tailgate Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I climb into the back, my knees remind me that I should have bought the step. But I do manage to get by without it.

BTW, the tailgate step on those new GMC trucks is frackin’ killer. I would love to see Ford totally steal the idea. Haha..

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Every time I climb into the back, my knees remind me that I should have bought the step. But I do manage to get by without it.

BTW, the tailgate step on those new GMC trucks is frackin’ killer. I would love to see Ford totally steal the idea. Haha..

Yeah, I get a kick out of the kids living a cushy, sheltered, disaffected millennial lifestyle who have never injured a hard part - as in a knee, femur, fibula, spine, etc.

BTW, “Nintendo thumb” doesn’t count as injuring a hard part.

Damn right I use the tailgate step.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I already answered, but it's just not that useful for me. The majority of the time, the tonneu cover is on, so no one is climbing in. I've got a bed divider, a net, and relatively long arms, so nothing is sliding out of reach towards the front. For the times where those accessories are not in place, there's something heavy in the bed that I am not trying carry while going up and down the step. Besides normal concerns about balance, I've got size 15s and tiny steps make me nervous. When trying to pull something out of the bed when on the ground, I'm more likely to bump my shin. If loading/unloading is a 2 person job, you want the step out of the way.

So does it have it's uses? At times. And it could be a lot more useful depending on your specific body type and such, and how you use the bed.