Tailgate Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwnazstang

Reaction score
I just picked up my 19 screw last weekend. I was wondering what everyone does for tailgate security? I have had friends lose their tailgate and it's not cheap to replace so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try to live in an area where people respect other people's property- that's the key. I've never had a tailgate stolen or know anyone who did in 30 years of having trucks and friends with trucks.

I do lock the tailgate and park it in my garage though- since you never know what fuckbucket is going to be rollin through the hood.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can it be stolen? It locks when the doors lock....

If you don't have a cover, they just pull the access panel and unlock it manually. If you do have a cover, they break into that first then take off the access panel. You could pick the lock too.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a cover, they just pull the access panel and unlock it manually. If you do have a cover, they break into that first then take off the access panel. You could pick the lock too.
Wow, didn't realize that.....at least I have a cover.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the covers are pretty much worthless for security. I have a BakFlip and it can be gotten into with a coat hanger easily. Some of them are good though.