GEN 1 Tailgate access cover, delete pole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WetDirt

Reaction score
B8FA65CD-5819-449F-B205-84C056F984FB.jpegI want remove plastic tailgate cover and pole handle assist so I can have normal flat surface on the tailgate. The dealer and Tasca, eBay, etc have an OEM plate for $170-190. Give me some other options like a diy please. Thanks for info & pics

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check with pick a part places for the panel that goes across the tailgate. Lots cheaper then buying the new one through dealers. Really easy to do and if you line-x your tailgate and the panel cover part color does not matter. Just remove the pole mount and it is an easy install. I did the same thing on my truck d I liked the step but the pole was in the way and I never used it much.

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
View attachment 333327I want remove plastic tailgate cover and pole handle assist so I can have normal flat surface on the tailgate. The dealer and Tasca, eBay, etc have an OEM plate for $170-190. Give me some other options like a diy please. Thanks for info & pics
Did you add that plastic seal ? If so that is brilliant. Can you link the part number by any chance?

TIA!