Tail light upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to upgrade? The actual tail lights? Or reverse lights? Not sure what the purpose of upgrading a tail late would be..

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I installed the Rigid SR-L as backup lights. SPV has a great light kit that has an interface to the taillights so the red halos operate with the brake light and the turn on with the reverse lights. Installation was simple.

I'd rather spend the money by adding lights than changing out the taillights.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve put aftermarket taillights on several vehicles I’ve owned, mostly to get LED’s when they didn’t have them stock). I’ve gotten a couple of brands included the highest end you can buy. I will never do it again, regardless of how much you spend you will never get the quality (spelled condensation free and dependability) of OEM. I would never touch the Raptor’s tails, they’re great. I did add rear bumper frenched rigid LEDs to supplement my backups like another on here (mostly because of my frickin night blindness).

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the Rigid SR-L as backup lights. SPV has a great light kit that has an interface to the taillights so the red halos operate with the brake light and the turn on with the reverse lights. Installation was simple.

Installing them currently and I'm not finding a suitable ground location in the back near the spare tire. I have the 37PP if that matters. Everything is wired and tight and ready to go, though no ground in the rear.

Do you, or would you perhaps have a picture of what/where you used?

Thanks!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installing them currently and I'm not finding a suitable ground location in the back near the spare tire. I have the 37PP if that matters. Everything is wired and tight and ready to go, though no ground in the rear.

Do you, or would you perhaps have a picture of what/where you used?

Thanks!
Long video of John at SPV installing some reverse lights here. Jump to 37:22 for ground location.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long video of John at SPV installing some reverse lights here. Jump to 37:22 for ground location.

You don't want to know how many times I watched that video , and thanks for posting! In the end, I found this thread, as well as John texting me back and saying the same thing. I suppose I couldn't see the location on his video, even though I was up under mine contortionist style, holding the phone and trying to figure it out.

Y'all are great. Thanks again!

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have options from Morimoto and Alphrex. Message me if you would like more info a quote on anything.

105128.095.jpg
105128.120.jpg

107637.Arex_Ford_f150_Luxx_Tails.040.jpg

107637.Arex_Ford_f150_Luxx_Tails.050.jpg