Tail light differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oyyci

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I was doing the unfortunate and very unfun job of the fall yard cleanup. It got dark on me and when I closed my tailgate there was a rogue stick that tried to escape from the bed and got pinched between the tailgate and my left tail light. This, of course, broke the lower edge of my tail light off.

My questions are;
Are our lights different than standard F150s? Everything seems to indicate they are different.

As it is just the lens and not anything mechanical, is it possible to change just the lens? Do body shops do that ever?

$700 makes me a little sick to my stomach. Ugh.

Thanks in advance everyone.

SD64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 Raptor has the tail light design that was on the 2015-2017 F150s so it is different from the current 2018-2020 design. Other than that I saw no difference. Make sure you get the options right if you order on your own (led or halogen, Blind spot radar or not). Not sure if you can replace the lens or not, I would assume it’s sealed to the housing.

I would start looking at local or online salvage yards. There’s gotta be 1,000s of F150s sitting in junk yards across the country. My buddy replaced a 2018 LED headlight for half of the new cost by shopping used online.

SD64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s gotta be 1,000s of F150s sitting in junk yards across the country.

Before the Gen 1 and V8 trolls get me, I assume this because of the sheer volume of 2015-2019 trucks sold probably means a lot of wrecked trucks sitting in salvage yards

lol

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even the non BSM raptors had LED tail lights. They were a different design than the BSM ones but no raptors came with halogen tail lights. I think the BSM tail lights are easier to find then the non BSM

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as the options match, they will plug and play. i have a set of 2018 f150 taillights in my raptor, they were plug and play.