Tail gate lock or anti-theft device?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Sineath

Reaction score
I had a tail gate lock or anti-theft device on my Gen 1. Since my Gen 2 does not have a built in lock I forgot where I got the other one. Anyone have a good name for one?

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly didn’t know you could get an F150 without a tailgate lock.

Does the old hose clamp trick still work on these? I used to put one on my old F150 and Ram pickups. Most thieves are not determined. They are looking for the quick theft. Many times, hose clamp is enough to slow them down enough to make them give up.

Just did a quick search and Master lock actually has a lock to prevent theft.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.69 cent hose clamp works perfect on my Gen 1 ... you can put it at an angle where you need a long screwdriver to get it off....and most A-Holes just looking for a fast score wont be carrying one...the Pro's are going to get it no matter what lock you put on....
Another benny to the hose clamp,if they do get your tailgate at least you know they had to work hard for it and left full of mud from having to get on their sorry ass backs to undo it...:rolleyes: