Sync3 Mobile apps not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I give up and now I'm swallowing my pride and asking for help.
I've had the truck for 3 weeks and have decided that I hate Android auto.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get ANY mobile apps to show up on Sync. I'm using a Galaxy S9+, Bluetooth is connected, Sync is updated. I press the Apps button and the screen I get has a selection for Sirius travel link and another button 'Find mobile apps'. When I hit that, it says it's searching my phone for apps, then returns 'no apps found'. I have Spotify, Waze installed on phone. What in the holy **** am I doing wrong?
There's about 2 hundred different Ford apps in Google play store, I have Ford Pass installed in the phone and connected to the truck and it works perfectly. Is there another Ford app that I need installed for this to work?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So there are a couple separate functions here. There is app sharing which is what your trying to do there. In order to use android auto, you will need to connect your usb cable from your phone to one of the ports in the cabinet in front of your shifter. If aa is installed on your phone it should automatically load on the screen in your truck. First time you run it, there will be some permissions and information on both the phone and the radio. Where do you live? Odds are slim, but if you live near me, I'd be happy to show you.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So there are a couple separate functions here. There is app sharing which is what your trying to do there. In order to use android auto, you will need to connect your usb cable from your phone to one of the ports in the cabinet in front of your shifter. If aa is installed on your phone it should automatically load on the screen in your truck. First time you run it, there will be some permissions and information on both the phone and the radio. Where do you live? Odds are slim, but if you live near me, I'd be happy to show you.
I've been using Android Auto, it works fine, I hate it.
I'm trying to get sync applink (app sharing) to recognize Spotify and Waze on my phone, it's not working. Ford advertises these two apps as compatible.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using Android Auto, it works fine, I hate it.
I'm trying to get sync applink (app sharing) to recognize Spotify and Waze on my phone, it's not working. Ford advertises these two apps as compatible.

Oh ok. I misread your post. I've never gotten waze to work wirelessly from my android devices. But the ford+alexa works for me. I can use everything audio (Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music) through that.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. I misread your post. I've never gotten waze to work wirelessly from my android devices. But the ford+alexa works for me. I can use everything audio (Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music) through that.
Well I guess I can be happy it's not just me. WTF Ford?
Lol so I can order a Domino's pizza and play with Alexa as far as connected apps go.. kick ass

Last edited:

Virtucomp

Reaction score
I have been able to get one of my Ford cars to connect with Alexa to lock/unlock and start. Does anyone know how to add a second car? The Alexa skill settings allow one connection then I can only Disable the skill. Both cars have Sync 3 and work individually with Alexa but I see no way to enable both of them.

I assume I would assign a different PIN for the second car.