Sync v3.4 Update Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Wren

Reaction score
Update messed mine up. Now, if I stop and turn truck off, lock it, and come back in a minute or 2 or 3 radio does not work, its stuck on the song that last played and will not work. I can reset it with the power and FF/seek button, but it will stop working if I turn the truck off for a bit and come right back. If it sits for a while, not sure how long, it will work again too.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I stumbled in this gem while trouble shooting an issue I had, has worked great for me now in last 3 updates. Wemt to 21020 update last night along with 2.20 maps and worked flawlessly. I downloaded the tool, selected my current setup and what I wanted for updates, then it creates the USB drive for you automagically including the right formatting for the drive itself. Easy peasy.

Edited to add, I am not affiliated with that site and any updates outside the official Ford process could brick your unit, use at your own risk.

Okegg0

Reaction score
If it’s that hosed up, I’d try a master reset before looking at taking a trip to the dealer. Apim could be having problems.
How do you do a master reset? Mine is doing the same thing and frozen at about half way and its so laggy driving me insane

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you do a master reset? Mine is doing the same thing and frozen at about half way and its so laggy driving me insane
Go into settings and the master reset will be an option. You will be resetting most everything however.

Warm reboot is pressing power down and pressing the forward seek button, until it restarts.

deadeye99

Reaction score
I did this last week. My update was stuck halfway for weeks and sync was so slow it was unusable. I suggest going to Ford.com and enter your vin number. Follow the instructions to format a usb and download the update. Turn off the auto update if you can, do a soft reset and try the usb.
This didn’t work for me so I did the master reset. It’s at the bottom of the general settings menu. Shut off the truck after it’s done and wait for a few minutes and then try the usb again. Mine works perfectly now, voice commands are fast and it is like when it was new. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
LeadFootLarry

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SYNC3 v3.4.21098 released, which will hopefully help with some of the issues others have faced in the last release such as SiriusXM not loading