GEN 1 Sync update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91stangy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain and post something that may already be posted but the the fact that only my radio works is driving me nuts and haven't had any time to search for the answer.

My '12 raptor is running sync version gen1 - 4.1.4.t according to the myford site. It also says there are no updates.

My phone can't connect to the truck at all so can't run a health report. Can someone send me an update that will work Or point me in the direction of someone who has one so I can fix it....pretty please?

dicktracy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain and post something that may already be posted but the the fact that only my radio works is driving me nuts and haven't had any time to search for the answer.

My '12 raptor is running sync version gen1 - 4.1.4.t according to the myford site. It also says there are no updates.

My phone can't connect to the truck at all so can't run a health report. Can someone send me an update that will work Or point me in the direction of someone who has one so I can fix it....pretty please?

I honestly don't have the extreme issues you have, but just for the hell of it I wanted to see if mine was up to date. Have a problem with Bluetooth every once and a while.

Message these guys. Had the same issue being not up to date. I'm taking my truck in next Monday for an update only the dealer can do.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordivtteam/

Last edited:

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hi 91stangy,

Currently, your system has the latest version available. An update was released, but it was removed due to issues. I suggest trying a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...n/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html If that doesn't work, a visit to the dealer is needed.

I honestly don't have the extreme issues you have, but just for the hell of it I wanted to see if mine was up to date. Have a problem with Bluetooth every once and a while.

Message these guys. Had the same issue being not up to date. I'm taking my truck in next Monday for an update only the dealer can do.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordivtteam/

Hi dicktracy09,

Thanks for summoning us!

Shaay

OP
OP

91stangy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi 91stangy,

Currently, your system has the latest version available. An update was released, but it was removed due to issues. I suggest trying a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...n/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html If that doesn't work, a visit to the dealer is needed.

Hi dicktracy09,

Thanks for summoning us!

Shaay

Did that mast reset multiple times. Just got the truck cpo in April and hasn't work since I've owned it. Didnt want to pay the dealer to do something as simple as plugging in a USB drive. There no way to download what they are going to do from somewhere?

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power it off wait ten seconds power back on. I.E. remove negative from battery. Forces hard reset on cpu system clearing all cache.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that mast reset multiple times. Just got the truck cpo in April and hasn't work since I've owned it. Didnt want to pay the dealer to do something as simple as plugging in a USB drive. There no way to download what they are going to do from somewhere?

An update isn't available at the dealer or online. The dealer is in the beeest position to assist at this point. If they're unable to find a resolution, they'll need to contact Tech Hotline for assistance. That's their next level of support.

Keep me in the loop.

Shaay

Sgmshipp

Reaction score
Shaay, I've been waiting patiently for a Sync update as MANY others here have been. Raptor owners are pretty loyal Ford folks and expect Ford to fully support the product line. When will there truly be an update? Will there be one at all? At this point in time I believe we've been left behind and Ford is not working an update to our Sync at all. Please be honest with us.

bwep

Reaction score
I updated my 12 non navigation to the latest version SYNC v4.6 . Needed a little help from Ford customer service. They were very willing to help. Breezed thru the update. Very happy with the service rep I dealt with.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shaay, I've been waiting patiently for a Sync update as MANY others here have been. Raptor owners are pretty loyal Ford folks and expect Ford to fully support the product line. When will there truly be an update? Will there be one at all? At this point in time I believe we've been left behind and Ford is not working an update to our Sync at all. Please be honest with us.

Sgmshipp,

A few people who had the issues downloading are now able to. Can you try clearing your cookies and cache? Let me know if you still receive an error.

I updated my 12 non navigation to the latest version SYNC v4.6 . Needed a little help from Ford customer service. They were very willing to help. Breezed thru the update. Very happy with the service rep I dealt with.

bwep,

I'm glad to hear that the update went well for you! You can always reach out to me on the forum for assistance.

Shaay