SYNC Update Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am due for an update and I was curious.....has anyone done this update without the USB storage stick to transfer the update? I was thinking I could simply use my iPad and its USB cord to do this.

Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Fail!!!

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not tried, but the USB Device needs to be empty so I doubt if that will work. A USB memory stick is $5.00, I would just pick one up and use that instead.

OP
OP
Scozz

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just thinking outside the box. It totally did not work. Guess that's why my father always told me not to think.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if i missed this...i assume no issues with the update if you have a 5star tune and the navtv bypass?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if i missed this...i assume no issues with the update if you have a 5star tune and the navtv bypass?

The udates will not effect your tune or the nav tv, im running lock pic and did my update, no problems, the only thing you have to do is reconnect your phone when completed.