Sync un-syncs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think my American truck and my Korean (LG) phone like each other much. Every few days the truck and phone won't sync up. Sometimes I can get them to sync, and sometimes I can't. When they won't sync up I have to delete the phone from the Sync system in the truck and then start from scratch with a reload. Is anybody else experiencing this kind of thing? Is there a solution?

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good question! If there are updates to Sync, how would one get them? Would you have to go to the dealer?

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had to do that too from time to time to regain functionality. Kinda pita. Also you google ford sync and there is a ford sync website where you put in your vin and it brings your truck up and then will tell you if you have an update or not. Sorry I don't remember the actually name of the site and don't want to do it on the ipad

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes its the phones, My wife and I had 2 old ATT LG Zennons, lots of problems. We just got a 2 Q10 blackberrys, smooth as ice. No problems with these guys.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have not had any issue with my iPhone 5. The last few phones I have had were all Android, mostly HTC, and none of them worked. I gave up on using them with SYNC.

frankie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the update notification letter in the mail yesterday. Applying the update right now.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good question! If there are updates to Sync, how would one get them? Would you have to go to the dealer?

Go to Get Support and Manage Your SYNC Account | Syncmyride.com You will need to enter your info, VIN, etc. You use a USB drive to find out what version you have and once you have that info, you will use the drive to update your Sync. The website will walk you through it. Please let us know what the lastest version is for your truck, I also have a 2011.

Have you upgrade your MFT to the latest 3.6.2 Sync?

Ruger has a 2011, so no MFT and no 3.6.2. I believe the latest update is 3.2.2. I could be wrong though, it has happened before!

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Your login info is the same accross all of Fords websites. My dealer/salesmen set up mine for me when I picked up the truck.

Once your on the site go to "support" and then "update your Sync software".

Mine says it is up to date it is: version Gen1 - V3.2.2

I believe you can check your NAV (if equiped) and it will tell you the what version you have.